Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Yeah, if its gray before the showtime then that means its a sellout, it takes a lot tickets to do that, we usually push it to the very limit before we cut it off.

Okay I checked. Doesn't look like there are any.

And there is another trend going. 

Every fourth movie stand alone or not have had the worst drop domestically except for SW franchise. 

Rocky, Potter, Fast and Furious ;):lol: (Heck Star Trek 4 was the biggest of the franchise till 2009)

Now it use to be the 5th be the biggest drop but then Fast and Furious just went crazy :P

• Like 1

THG to me was a weird one. All the people I know watched it either absolutely love the movie or really don't care for it. I'm the only one that falls into the middle ground.

the first HG was about kids fighting to the death. This one is about older people fighting to the death. The kids killing aspect was probably the main draw of the first one

Wasn't the book a hotter commodity back then.Plus I think the casual fans were less impressed than the die hards. Edited by grey ghost

Checking for sale outs-first time since 4th of July weekend I have found any! (where TLR and DM2 had quite a few)

(Confession: I have not checked in the past few weeks so I'm sure Thor had some)

Every showing on IMAX is sold out.

Where as at least Thor and Hobbit are topics of convos for people my age

But since the IMAX opened people are going crazy now for films there :P

For E.

lol I just got home and caught up to everything. the OW is going to underperform because it failed to meet projections, but a 130 million+ opener is far from a flop. there's a clear distinction between the two. I know boxoffice followers like to jump the gun and call anything that fails to match predictions a flop but that's clearly not true.

Wasn't the book a hotter ommodity back then.Plus I think the casual fans were less impressed than the die hards.

Yeah, a ton of people went to see THG and many left unimpressed.

Unlike Twilight, which was able to grow from its first movie.

I think I was originally predicting CF to drop on its OW. (I actually had it around 130M for it's ow yeah I know :P then again I saw THG more as a stand alone film and was unsure how popular the other books were as I heard they are not as near as good as the first)

I had to point that out so many times on the message boards...people still don't get it.

Before Two Towers no 300M film had the next one increase (or sequel to a 250 film for that matter)

BTW you need Jurassic Park ;)

This is basically what I was saying, I had to bring that up for TDKR last year.