Punishment

Weekend Actuals 11/22-11/24 $158,074,286

Interstellar would have to be Inception good & buzz worthy ... and it still would likely not beat Mockingjay 1 which will still do 325+

Interstellar feels like a 250-300 if everything goes well for it ... don't see anything higher than that right now.  It's more likely the film does less than 150 million than it beating Mockingjay Part 1

Edited by Adam

Kitik accused me of starting fights between DC and Marvel...

Clearly the only reason I supported MoS was because of Nolan.

Now that Batman vs Superman has no Nolan involved. I give zero fucks on how it does.

I am a Ben Affleck fan though.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/research/man-steel-flies-high-dvd-and-blu-ray-sales-charts-31928

'Man of Steel' Flies High on DVD and Blu-ray Sales Charts

The fourth-quarter disc frenzy continues to accelerate, with week after week of summer tentpole titles arriving on DVD and Blu-ray Disc — and easily topping the sales charts.

Warner Home Video’s Man of Steel was the clear victor for the week ended Nov. 17, topping both the Nielsen VideoScan First Alert chart, which tracks overall DVD and Blu-ray Disc combined sales, as well as Nielsen’s dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart.

Man of Steel generated 68% of its total unit sales from Blu-ray Disc, Nielsen data shows

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

yes I think it is a possibility. Mockingjay 1 will be the lowest grossing of the series. 

Interstellar is an original film and you think it will hit 300?  I don't see how that happens.

Interstellar has the Nolan brand name, but thats all I'm giving it until footage. It could be Inception 2, but it could also be Counselor 2. Big name and respected director with an all star cast in awards season - and Interstellar will have the challenge of a more complex story. I severely doubt Interstellar is anything short of awesome, but Im not about to start awarding movies Oscar and "movie of the winter" merits so far ahead yet. There's no way to tell until some people actually sit down and watch. 

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Interstellar has the Nolan brand name, but thats all I'm giving it until footage. It could be Inception 2, but it could also be Counselor 2. Big name and respected director with an all star cast in awards season - and Interstellar will have the challenge of a more complex story. I severely doubt Interstellar is anything short of awesome, but Im not about to start awarding movies Oscar and "movie of the winter" merits so far ahead yet. There's no way to tell until some people actually sit down and watch. 

This early of a footage won't show us much at all. Much like it was with TDK teaser. 

This early of a footage won't show us much at all. Much like it was with TDK teaser. 

Huh? I was talking more in the lines of film festivals and early tests/showings, when its ready. Thats when we really get to hear peoples reactions, rather than just assuming its good. And trailers will show us what it has to offer. Without even that Idk how anyone can give a movie great merits.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Interstellar is an original film and you think it will hit 300?  I don't see how that happens.

Inception almost did and original Sci-Fi has that potential. Just look at ID4, Avatar, E.T.

I think the bare minimum expectation for Interstellar has to be Inception unadjusted.

• Like 2