baumer

Monster Tuesday CF 16.1 (Rth) | Ed did WHAT to a girl?!

Here's the Thanksgiving number for last year: http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2012-11-20&p=.htm

Huge increases on Tuesday, followed by huge increases the next day. Now, I realize that there's only one film on that list that's making a comparable amount of money to CF, but it's pretty clear CF is nothing like the Twilight franchise.

I can also accept anyone who thinks we have no idea what's going to happen.  :P This number is the biggest November weekday in history, by a considerable degree as far as I can tell. These be uncharted waters.

This year the Tuesday/Wednesday situation is even more extreme.

• Like 1

Thor went up a gargantuan 35%-40%

Thor recovered very nicely. It should be at around 188M after the weekend and finish around 210M+. Not a bad result after all of the doom and gloom.  :D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 5

I agree with Biggestgeek

This is uncharted waters. I am content to sit back and watch the CF do it's box office thing.  There's no franchise to compare it with because it's not like any other franchise.

16.1M Tue

19.6M (+22%) Wed

14.7M (-25%) Thurs

30.87M (+110%) Fri

29.94M (-3%) Sat

16.46M (-45%) Sun

283M in 10 days, 5 biggest 10 days of all-time.  :D

BJ likes

BJs Breakdown:

Tue: 16.1m +30%

Wed: 21.0m +30%

Thur: 14.70m -30%

Opening Wk: 222.2m

• Like 1

Erm, I disagree. It's basically HP with somewhat better legs.

That bodes very well for CF then because Potter7.1 on a wk to wk basis held as good as Potter4 throughout the first three wks of December before falling behind in wk 4. Potter4s Christmas boost was quite impressive.

Here's the Thanksgiving number for last year: http://boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2012-11-20&p=.htm

Huge increases on Tuesday, followed by huge increases the next day. Now, I realize that there's only one film on that list that's making a comparable amount of money to CF, but it's pretty clear CF is nothing like the Twilight franchise.

I can also accept anyone who thinks we have no idea what's going to happen.  :P This number is the biggest November weekday in history, by a considerable degree as far as I can tell. These be uncharted waters.

:worthy:

• Like 1

Well if it has better legs then it's not HP at all.

I'm not saying it's HP... I'm saying you can compare it once you adjust. There are very few franchises that earn the distinction of "being unlike any other" (one of them, I'd say, is AVATAR, because we have no idea *who* exactly comprises that fan-base as a whole).

• Like 1

I'm not saying it's HP... I'm saying you can compare it once you adjust. There are very few franchises that earn the distinction of "being unlike any other" (one of them, I'd say, is AVATAR, because we have no idea *who* exactly comprises that fan-base as a whole).

I was speaking of performance not the actual franchise. I get your point though.

• Like 1

@Adim:Talk to RTH about how much Canadian Tuesdays contribute to the box office. The increases here are sometimes 75-100%.

very impressive, how many tickets do you think get turned at $5-$7 each?

Edited by B J

• Founder / Operator

huh

I'll rephrase: although I know there's not much I can do to stop the fan pendulum of expectations for legs, taking single day drops and using them to drastically change one's projection for the final gross is the quickest way to be disappointed in the long run (unless you're lowering your projection :P).