baumer

Monster Tuesday CF 16.1 (Rth) | Ed did WHAT to a girl?!

excluding twi-shit every film that decrease or had an increase under 30% last year on Wednesday suffered from substantial theater loss. In some cases films lost over half there theaters on Wed.

Edited by B J

I don't understand. Did it open yesterday in Canada?

Biggest factor is that this is thanksgiving week. Movies tend to increase big on tuesday/wednesday. For a blockbuster opener this has done much better than Potter/Twilight. To me that is not a big shocker as Hunger Games played lot wider than recent potter/twilight that opened in November. After all this is a sequel to 400M grosser while potter/twilight were 300M grossers.

yes. SInce today is like a friday it should see a solid increase for sure. what if it hits 20M today.

After what Canada was able to pull off, I would not be surprised if the US caused a sizable enough increase to get over 20m today.

Ice roll is delusional.

idk why do ppl always pit fangroups against each other

I dislike CF so I'm meh about its success

It doesn't have anything to do with the fact I love Marvel 

most marvel ppl I see on here actually pretty supportive of CF esp b/c there's no war between TDW & CF & they wont lose anything if CF grosses 350 or 400 or some other sum 

Imo CF is not a threat to IM3 :P

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 2

Do they always have discounts on Tuesdays during holidays, or is it just for Thanksgiving?

As far as I know always, its why Tuesday increase got get ridiculously large fro some films, there has been scattered evidence of it throughout the year.

LOL people you gotta quit giving Canada so much credit for Tuesdays. US also has discount Tuesday at certain theater chains, and even if they didn't, Canada is such a small portion of the overall market that it couldn't cause those kind of jumps every week by itself to begin with.

20m+ Canadians can definitely pull out a strong Tuesday, it wouldn't even take more than 2m (on top of what the US provides) Canadian viewers to cause massive shifts every Tuesday.

Edited by B J

LOL people you gotta quit giving Canada so much credit for Tuesdays. US also has discount Tuesday at certain theater chains, and even if they didn't, Canada is such a small portion of the overall market that it couldn't cause those kind of jumps every week by itself to begin with.

Not true. Rth came on before and gave quite a high percentage for Canada on discount Tuesday. Now for CF I don't know but Rth can settle it.