ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

Just now, Jack Nevada said:

No, to hell with intermissions. You shouldn't be eating at the movies anyway and for god's sake, you can go shit/piss before the film starts.  

Dunno about you but with a 3 hours film there's a good chance I will need the loo at some point. I mean, I'd rather watch the film as a whole but at the end of the day, just being practical, I know I'll need to go to the loo.

9 minutes ago, Treelo the Good Treenosaur said:

Dunno about you but with a 3 hours film there's a good chance I will need the loo at some point. I mean, I'd rather watch the film as a whole but at the end of the day, just being practical, I know I'll need to go to the loo.

I don't. I guess I have a bladder of steel.

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Just the 70mm version.

Okay, so the intermission is just for practical purposes rather than story purposes.

2 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I don't. I guess I have a bladder of steel.

batfink_wings_of_steel_t_shirt_125.jpg

Just the 70mm version.

Okay, so the intermission is just for practical purposes rather than story purposes.

Neither, really. It's part of the special roadshow experience that he's deliberately trying to bring back for this movie. But since many stories have a natural pause roughly halfway through, you can add an intermission without damaging the story (and, in fact, if you know you're having one during production, you can plan it out).

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Neither, really. It's part of the special roadshow experience that he's deliberately trying to bring back for this movie. But since many stories have a natural pause roughly halfway through, you can add an intermission without damaging the story (and, in fact, if you know you're having one during production, you can plan it out).

Oh, fair enough. And I didn't mean it would/could harm the story - I more was wondering whether it was a deliberate narrative choice that Tarantino wants his audience 10 minutes to stop and collect their thoughts before proceeding, if that was important to the way he wants to tell the story.

Ironically, there was a 70mm screening last night that was fucked up because they had a crappy lens in the projector -- a big soft spot in the middle of the frame kept shimmering out of focus. At the intermission, they switched over to the digital print.

I'm guessing Tarantino wasn't thrilled. :rofl:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Looks like the Village East on the 29th. Sam Adams (a critic) said on Twitter today the 70mm looked great there, so that's a relief. Funny enough, the last film I saw at that theater was a midnight show of The Room five years ago.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Ironically, there was a 70mm screening last night that was fucked up because they had a crappy lens in the projector -- a big soft spot in the middle of the frame kept shimmering out of focus. At the intermission, they switched over to the digital print.

I'm guessing Tarantino wasn't thrilled. :rofl:

I read that as well. With movie theaters almost exclusively digital, how many people actually know how to project film anymore at theaters? Much less 70mm, which is such a specialty format.

Edited by Jayhawk

18 hours ago, Jack Nevada said:

No, to hell with intermissions. You shouldn't be eating at the movies anyway and for god's sake, you can go shit/piss before the film starts.  

Lol what you some fundamentalist cinema goer? 

No Eating, no drinking, no talking at all.

Rather watch this at home on a Streaming service like Netflix in luxury then be stuck with such stupid expectations and paying 14$ for a movie.