lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

Honestly both are probably going to go over 30 million

Catching Fire has had better legs than HP and Twilight

Frozen has the winter/Christmas theme plus an A+ CinemaScore and it's been holding better than Tangled every single day 

Frozen will probably be #1 next weekend and I see CF with at least $30m, if not $34.

If CF matched the biggest drop in post-Thanksgiving history it would fall to $34.2m (assuming $75m weekend).

It is certainly possible given how huge this weekend is.  No other film has grosses above $70m for the 3day so it might fall harder.  IM3 is still safe but barely.....for now (I have $420-$430m).  We'll see next weekend.

BD2 legs will make it finish with 416m so I don't see how Iron Man 3 can keep the #1 domestic title.

• Like 3

Can we stop using Harry Potter and Twilight as comparisons for Catching Fire?  We've seen those models fail literally everyday, with Catching Fire holding much better.  There's no reason to assume that it will start behaving like those two franchise for the rest of its run now.

Posted Image

"The sun persists in rising so I make myself stand (with good legs)"

Still helps to have those numbers there so people can see what the low end is if it doesn't perform better. Or for people to see what it could beat

Can we stop using Harry Potter and Twilight as comparisons for Catching Fire? We've seen those models fail literally everyday, with Catching Fire holding much better. There's no reason to assume that it will start behaving like those two franchise for the rest of its run now.

Posted Image

But Goblet of Fire fell that much Post Thanksgiving after a sub 50% Thanksgiving drop so it is possible. Even the first one from 2001 fell 59%. It is a natural drop with nothing to do with the movie Edited by John Marston

Can we stop using Harry Potter and Twilight as comparisons for Catching Fire?  We've seen those models fail literally everyday, with Catching Fire holding much better.  There's no reason to assume that it will start behaving like those two franchise for the rest of its run now.

Posted Image

Still the best poster of 2013 <3