lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

As of 10:52p.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 3 Sellouts in Portland, OR

Frozen - 6 Sellouts in Portland, OR

As of 12:09a.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 2 Sellouts in Portland, OR

Frozen - 7 Sellouts in Portland, OR

Awesome job B J, you're quickly approaching a 50% like ratio, up from like 10% before you came back from your hiatus.  I hope you stick around this time  ;)

I won't make any bets this time ;)

As of 10:59p.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 8 Sellouts in Las Vegas, NV

Frozen - 14 Sellouts in Las Vegas, NV

As of 12:17a.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 4 Sellouts in Las Vegas, NV

Frozen - 3 Sellouts in Las Vegas, NV

Edited by B J

And CF is really down in sellouts in the bay area. Only 14 sellouts so far. Had 38 yesterday.

Did it get more show times, I notice that here in Anchorage they like to get it an extra screen at some of the theaters on Saturday.

Got back from Frozen, the theater was dead packed, and at the end everybody (or enough to sound like everybody) applauded for a good 10-15 seconds, so very well received from everybody.

I personally loved it, I won't give an official score till I write my review but I think it was a good 9-9.5/10, by far the best animated film of the year, the songs were catchy and good, the story was very well done (I think they could have pushed it further at points, but I understand it's a kids animation they couldn't have gone as far as I would have wanted it to), and Let it Go is definitely worth all of the buzz it's been getting it better win best original song or I'm calling the police to report a robbery (bad joke, I know).  

If I was to rate it with the 90s renaissance films I'd say it wasn't quite Lion King and Beauty and the Beast level, but it was definitely on par with Aladdin and Little Mermaid. 

Disney's definitely back though.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 2

I don't even care about box office right now. This makes me feel so depressed, I can't believe he's actually gone. Life is way too short, live every day to the fullest, because you just never know when you go. So sad with grief right now :(

• Like 1