lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

Thor will eke past $200m.  

Nah, it'll eek past $205m and crawl to $210m.

You realize it'll be at $190m by Thursday right? It'll make about $5m this weekend(12/6) for $195m.

Probably be at $198/199m when Hobbit 2 opens, passing $200m during that weekend. 

AND, still have Christmas & NY to go to eek out it's total. 

• Like 2

Nah, it'll eek past $205m and crawl to $210m.

You realize it'll be at $190m by Thursday right? It'll make about $5m this weekend(12/6) for $195m.

Probably be at $198/199m when Hobbit 2 opens, passing $200m during that weekend. 

AND, still have Christmas & NY to go to eek out it's total. 

Posted Image

• Like 2

Got curious when I saw Captain Phillips had crossed $100m.

It's the first live action film of his to cross $100m since Angels & Demons in '09. A four year drought for Tom. 

He has 14 live action $100m+ films on his resume though, 4 of those $200m+ so he's still clearly one of the Golden Men of Hollywood. 

He has 18 $100+m films if you include Toy Story saga & Polar Express. 

100 pages

congrats

I was reading TA OW thread yesterday :wub:

too bad I didnt care abt TA at that time at all & didnt visit this forum

must have been so much fun following it that wekend

The Avengers weekend, THG1 weekend were the highlights for me.

TDKR was the saddest ever. Just horrible.

It still set the 2D record, keeping the Batman tradition alive (5th time).

Yeah it had a great rebound. But I'm talking about the opening weekend and the tragedy. Drained all the life out of OW.

Yeah it had a great rebound. But I'm talking about the opening weekend and the tragedy. Drained all the life out of OW.

Yea, I was talking about OW...2d record.  Still, that pales in comparison to the human loss.  That bastard James Holmes should fry for what he did.

• Like 1

Late Afternoon

When might we get actuals??

For the ones that people want to know about. Later!

We'll get early actuals for other movies.

Fox usually reports first.  JarJarbinks usually gives us a heads up on actuals he has access to.

Otherwise they will trickle in studio by studio.

I think CF was a good film, better than THG but I wouldn't call it a great film. I found the first half of both movies to be the best yet somehow the games are always boring IMO. Catching Fires was better with its clock work arena but im probably alone on this but I think they could have created a lot more tension this time round. These aren't kids any more, they had the opportunity to make it slightly more violent and those two muscle bound tributes looked to be menacing but ended up being little threat. I never felt like they were in danger, they should have made the other tributes more dangerous and made us genuinely on the edge of our seat. It's not so rewarding when they don't make you feel any genuine fear for the characters. Still I can understand why it's so big, it has such a good narrative which is why I prefer these films to Twilight And Potter, its compared franchises. It also helps that i read the books, and i think CF is the best one. MJ is pretty bad IMO.

Edited by Jessie