#ED

Weekend Estimates: Frozen - 31.6M; CF - 27M

Agreed.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111930

IMAX was at 8% of its OW (12.6M), and that share was at 7.8% after the Thanksgiving weekend.  If that stayed consistent this current weekend, that's a whopping 2.2M (8%) from IMAX.  There's no 3D surcharge here, only the standard IMAX surcharge, so we're looking at maybe 1M added from IMAX this past weekend.  With a 50% drop, This would make 13.5M with IMAX next weekend, and 13.0M without it.  That's a difference of 2%.

I hadn't crunched the numbers. Thanks for that.

It should drop 55% at most next weekend. This weekend it is at 336.7MMonday- 1.9MTuesday- 2.3MWednesday- 2.0MThursday- 1.9M (344.8M)Weekend- 13.2M (358.0M)Monday- 1.1MTuesday- 1.3MWednesday- 1.1MThursday- 1.2M (362.7M)Weekend- 7.3M (370.0M) as of December 22nd. It should barely hit 400M. It is very likely it will fall under 408M of the first film. Weekend-

I really can't see these numbers happening.

BTW, I really doubt those Sunday figures hold up considering the weather (which I'm sure has been brought up countless times today), and that they seem to be on the high side anyway.  I think CF will end up dropping 45% to 6.5M.

Edited by spizzer

It should barely hit 400M. It is very likely it will fall under 408M of the first film. 

That's all my post implies...that the DOM crown is still very much in play. Some people have trouble foreseeing a drop...until it happens.

But if it gets as close to THG and IM3 as Hiccup suggests, I'm sure LG would do everything in their power to get it over those two. 

Based on what? They didn't "do everything in their power" to push it past TDK OW total now did they?"

This is deja-vu all over again. I remember after DH1's third weekend, everyone thought it was gonna dip below $280m but it finished with $295m. 

It'll hold very well over Christmas and increase on New Year's. 

• Like 2

Based on what? They didn't "do everything in their power" to push it past TDK OW total now did they?"

They made that 161.1 estimate to steal some headlines though. By everything in their power, I mostly meant they'll keep absolutely as many theaters as possible, maybe re-expand in late Jan/early Feb, and maybe do a little bit of fudging.

They made that 161.1 estimate to steal some headlines though. By everything in their power, I mostly meant they'll keep absolutely as many theaters as possible, maybe re-expand in late Jan/early Feb, and maybe do a little bit of fudging.

At the end of the day, it may cost them more money to do that than simply get their cash and get out. If it's at 399 or something, sure, they'll push it over 400, but I don't think they care about passing IM3 or even THG.

CF's OD (minus previews) multiplier is currently 116.4% of DH1's.  Staying constant at this pace puts it at a final total of 404.2M.  I have it finishing at about 120%, which puts it on pace for about 415M.

CF's OD (minus previews) multiplier is currently at 123.9% of BD2's.  Staying constant at this pace puts it at a final total of 389.1M.  That seems very unlikely, as BD2 did not hold relatively well through the holidays, managing only another 37.7M.  To be on pace for 415M, it would have to finish at 133% of BD2.

CF's OD (minus previews) multiplier is currently 116.4% of DH1's.  Staying constant at this pace puts it at a final total of 404.2M.  I have it finishing at about 120%, which puts it on pace for about 415M.

CF's OD (minus previews) multiplier is currently at 123.9% of BD2's.  Staying constant at this pace puts it at a final total of 389.1M.  That seems very unlikely, as BD2 did not hold relatively well through the holidays, managing only another 37.7M.  To be on pace for 415M, it would have to finish at 133% of BD2.

Also, currently have Monday projected at 1.6-1.7M (77-79% drop), though that will change with a shift in the weekend actuals.

Edited by spizzer