baumer

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013)

38 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I was gonna watch Walter Mitty, but since both sis and boyfriend voted on Anchorman 2, I ended up watching the movie again. It was just as good and hilarious as the first time. I still laughed so much that my jaw was hurt again, lol. I thought a few of Brick's line were either a miss or overdone; but all in all, he was brilliant. Dat black man/shadow joke :rofl: Paul Rudd also killed it and Will Ferrel is simply Ron Burgundy. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of Champ in this though. The cameos were crazy. My audience were cheering louder and louder as the stars lining up in the final battle. It was great fun watching a comedy like this with a big audience. A-

There's no doubt that it feels somewhat forced, and there are a lot of misses rather than hits (particularly in the 2nd half of the film). That being said, it's still hilarious in parts and the last 20 minutes are gold.I wouldn't even really say it's among the best comedies of the year, but if you liked the first, you'll get some value out of this.B/B-

I liked the film.  Not as good as the first but it definitely had some good moments and scenes.

It still was kind of a mixed bag, for when it worked, it really worked, but when it didn't, it really didn't.  

Thankfully for me, the good outweighed the bad.  The whole shark thing was funny, I did like the over the top fight setup.  They definitely one-upped themselves there.  My main complaint with the film was the Brick and the girl parts.  I know where they were going with it, but it just didn't work for me.  I don't think she did enough to keep those scenes interesting.

But even with that, I give the film at least a B

• Like 1

I liked the film.  Not as good as the first but it definitely had some good moments and scenes.

It still was kind of a mixed bag, for when it worked, it really worked, but when it didn't, it really didn't.  

Thankfully for me, the good outweighed the bad.  The whole shark thing was funny, I did like the over the top fight setup.  They definitely one-upped themselves there.  My main complaint with the film was the Brick and the girl parts.  I know where they were going with it, but it just didn't work for me.  I don't think she did enough to keep those scenes interesting.

But even with that, I give the film at least a B

I understand what you are saying.  I think what they did with this film is just took every gag they had and threw it at the screen.  Most work, some don;t, imo.  But I'd rather a film like this, one that goes for it all, than one that just kind of plays it safe.

• Like 3

I understand what you are saying. I think what they did with this film is just took every gag they had and threw it at the screen. Most work, some don;t, imo. But I'd rather a film like this, one that goes for it all, than one that just kind of plays it safe.

I completely agree. I thought most worked too. I do like that they seemed to go all out for the film and not just fall into the old "let's make the same movie as the first for the sequel" idea

god, what a terrible movie, I laughed maybe 3 or 4  times, and I was the only one laughing in the theater! it never seemed to end and the "battle" scene was embarrassing. There were 4 people in the theater, me and a group of 3, one of them said "I should have seen 300", I agree with her.

D (15)

Edited by Goffe Rises

Its supposed to be over the top and stupid

they used basically the same jokes from the first one, jokes that weren't that funny to begin with, and they stretched that jokes until audience was completely bored.

Eh, B/B-. The pacing is really awkward. Some of the jokes land, some don't... But parts are really funny. The rumble at the end is by far the best part (even though, unfortunately, it's basically just a retread from the first movie.)FWIW, I saw the "unrated" HV cut, so I'm not sure how it differs from the two theatrical cuts.

Eh, B/B-. The pacing is really awkward. Some of the jokes land, some don't... But parts are really funny. The rumble at the end is by far the best part (even though, unfortunately, it's basically just a retread from the first movie.)FWIW, I saw the "unrated" HV cut, so I'm not sure how it differs from the two theatrical cuts.

Of course you didnt like it