CJohn

Ice Age 5: Collision Course (July 22, 2016)

4 hours ago, MinaTakla said:

The tone in the trailer was a bit strange.

But it will definitely be huge in Europe, mega huge in Latin America, meh in Asia and MENA, and meh in DOM.

My predix:

DOM 140M

China: 80m

OC-C: 650m

Total: 870m WW

I don't think it will do this good DOM. I can even see it hovering around 100 M. Its' pretty safe to say that it will decline in a lot of OS territories. So my prediction is - 500 OS.

Looking back  this franchise is one of the most consistent success stories of the last 15 years or so. Every movie has been in the Top 10 Worldwide for that year and most of them have been top 5.

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

So, this will be just a remake of the second movie?

Not really.....i don't think.

I mean, it's still a fifthquel and a continuation of the fourth movie. The second one was about the meltdown of the ice. It was also about Manny finding out that he is not the last mammoth when he meets a female mammoth called "Ellie" who is voiced by Queen Latifah in the film-series.

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

40/120

I still keep forgetting that this is probably going to be one of the biggest worldwide hits of summer <_<

Well, the last 2 films, "Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" & "Ice Age 4: Continental Drift" were both huge WW-hits in the own summers they were released in. That, we have to keep in mind.

"Dawn of the Dinosaurs" did $886M WW.(3rd highest grosser of 2009)....and "Continental Drift" isn't far behind with $877M WW...(5th highest grosser of 2012). Those numbers shows that even adults/GA seems to like the franchise pretty much...not just the kids. 

On ‎2016‎-‎02‎-‎03 at 10:41 PM, Chinoiserie said:

Shame that Peanuts did not do better, Ice Age is the only place Blue Sky seems to be really succesfull.

True. The Peanuts Movie deserved much more.

Well, they have the 2 Rio-films, also. Those are the 2 only Non-Ice Age films that made large numbers at the box office.

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm not so sure if this one will be THAT huge OS, the last movie dropped in almost every developed market, it was saved by the emergent markets, and they're currently fucked by the ER, at least in Brazil we can expect a drop of $20m at minimum, I'm sure that Dory will surpass it

Well, the reason the 4th one dropped in Europe, is probably due to the Euro-Cup that occured that summer. That's one theory. But then again, China made up for whatever drop in Europe, that film had. This one....could be kinda similar. Whatever drop, this one has in Europe....China will make up for it with it's own increase. How much?....i dunno.

8 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Peanuts is SO good that don't even looks like a Blue Sky movie

Um, Blue Sky has made some other good, well recieved movies too. (Heck, even some of their originals were more well-recieved than all the Ice Age sequels)

Horton, Epic, Robots....just a name of few.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well, the reason the 4th one dropped in Europe, is probably due to the Euro-Cup that occured that summer. That's one theory. But then again, China made up for whatever drop in Europe, that film had. This one....could be kinda similar. Whatever drop, this one has in Europe....China will make up for it with it's own increase. How much?....i dunno.

As Minnions and KFP3 recently showed us, we need stop to think in China as the market that will 'save' movies from decreases, most of movies are failing to break out in a big way in this market these days

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

As Minnions and KFP3 recently showed us, we need stop to think in China as the market that will 'save' movies from decreases, most of movies are failing to break out in a big way in this market these days

You may think that.....but that doesn't mean it will occur with every blockbuster, nowadays. Even the ones coming out this summer.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34