CJohn

Ice Age 5: Collision Course (July 22, 2016)

The last was released when China was nowhere near the player they are now, and it still did 70m there. I wonder if China pushes this one past 900m OS? What if this ended up a billion dollar grosser while missing 100 DOM? That would be truly insane, and may even have a slight chance of actually happening. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

The last was released when China was nowhere near the player they are now, and it still did 70m there. I wonder if China pushes this one past 900m OS? What if this ended up a billion dollar grosser while missing 100 DOM? That would be truly insane, and may even have a slight chance of actually happening. 

I don't get why this is so successful. Is the acorn-loving squirrel gag?

52 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Actually..yeah...i think the running gag of Scrat doing everything to get his beloved acorn...does deliver some pretty funny comedic slapsticks for a lot of people.

But there's more than that....it seems to have a enormous fan-base after 4 movies in the franchise. Especially since IA3 & IA4 made between $877-886M WW. The IA-films has found it's audience right now.

Also...the IA-franchise is probably the key to why BlueSky-Studios is still on top of it's game with their animated slates.....even though Peanuts isn't doing gangbuster, OS-wise....(Maybe they haven't opened everywhere yet in foreign countries)

In short...the IA-franchise has it's mass appeal. That's why the films are successful in OS-markets.

1 hour ago, lilmac said:

It became an instantly recognizable meme, pretty much like Minions. The only difference is that it did it, in almost every country except US.

• Like 2

%7Boption%7Dhttps://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/macy-parade-thanksgiving.jpg?quality=75&strip=color&w=1012

My mother seeing this float during the parade: "Ewwww! What IS that?"

Me: "The thing from Ice Age, Ma. Been around for a long time now."
My mother: "I hate it."

EDIT: I feel like a moron but how the hell do I post a photo so it actually appears? Goddamn it, this is irritating. 

Edited by RichWS
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

%7Boption%7Dhttps://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/macy-parade-thanksgiving.jpg?quality=75&strip=color&w=1012

My mother seeing this float during the parade: "Ewwww! What IS that?"

Me: "The thing from Ice Age, Ma. Been around for a long time now."
My mother: "I hate it."

EDIT: I feel like a moron but how the hell do I post a photo so it actually appears? Goddamn it, this is irritating. 

Above the ''Submit Post-button'', click on the ''Insert other media'', then click ''Insert image from URL'' and paste the URL. Now you are done! :)

macy-parade-thanksgiving.jpg?quality=75&

(Ontopic) This will indeed be huge OS, but how will it fare against FD and Pets? They will be really big too during the summer.

• Like 5

This one is a cash grab for overseas now. Part 4 is the least attended in terms of ticket sales and attendance in the franchise, Ice-Age isn't that big of a franchise anymore in the U.S.

Yeah, but I doubt Fox really cares at this point. It's truly hilarious that this is bigger OS than 99% of today's movies. For example, I am pretty certain that this will be the highest grossing movie in my country next year (the last two IA movies are both in Top 10 All Time).