CJohn

Ice Age 5: Collision Course (July 22, 2016)

Ice Age movies go bonkers in Europe don't they? Haven't followed a lot of European OS grosses but feel that they have been relatively mute off late - probably due to terrorism tragedies. This one could be huge. IA4 did $40m+ in China and I think was the first IA movie to release in China. This one should double that I guess.

edit: IA4 did $70m in China.

Edited by a2knet

48 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Ice Age movies go bonkers in Europe don't they? Haven't followed a lot of European OS grosses but feel that they have been relatively mute off late - probably due to terrorism tragedies. This one could be huge. IA4 did $40m+ in China and I think was the first IA movie to release in China. This one should double that I guess.

IA3 was also released in China but IA4 earned close to 70m in China

If it gets a sept release, like Minions, I see it making around 90m in China.

A better release date can bring it to 120m in China IMO.

It will suffer in Latin America and Europe due to the ER a bit, so that's why am giving it "only" a 50m increase over IA4's already huge 715m OS

Best case maybe 800m OS (i personally don't think it will happen after KFP3's results but who knows) and so 800 + 120 = 920m WW but am going conservative with 895m WW

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

IA3 was also released in China but IA4 earned close to 70m in China

If it gets a sept release, like Minions, I see it making around 90m in China.

A better release date can bring it to 120m in China IMO.

It will suffer in Latin America and Europe due to the ER a bit, so that's why am giving it "only" a 50m increase over IA4's already huge 715m OS

Best case maybe 800m OS (i personally don't think it will happen after KFP3's results but who knows) and so 800 + 120 = 920m WW but am going conservative with 895m WW

Oh ok.

If LA and Europe are not as big, 700m OS is too much to expect imo even with 100m China.

After KFP3 (did 233m OS-China compared to KFP2's 408 OS-China) I feel under-estimating would be best.

140m Dom / 600m OS

Edited by a2knet

On 4/11/2016 at 7:08 PM, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Plus the fourth wasn't nearly as well received to fans as the first three. 

Huh what? The fourth one s the hIghest OS grosser of them all. It had INSANE legs. Or you mean DOM?

5 hours ago, James said:

Huh what? The fourth one s the hIghest OS grosser of them all. It had INSANE legs. Or you mean DOM?

Just because a movie got a high gross doesn't mean that a lot of people (or at least the general fandom) liked it.  Minions crossed over a billion, that had mixed reviews, and it should have been direct-to-DVD in the first place.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

Just because a movie got a high gross doesn't mean that a lot of people (or at least the general fandom) liked it.  Minions crossed over a billion, that had mixed reviews, and it should have been direct-to-DVD in the first place.

I disagree completely about Minions being Direct to DVD....i mean....what's the point? Movies don't make much on DVD-sales anyway....and the people at Universal are already happy that Minions was their 3rd Billion dollar grosser last year.

There's was no point for Minions to be direct to DVD.....so who cares about that? Direct to dvd-flicks rarely make profits for a studio.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

Hm, and what's your proof to say that the last movie was not well received by the public? It had massive numbers, good legs, why exactly it was hated? Just because you didn't like the movie?

25 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I disagree completely about Minions being Direct to DVD....i mean....what's the point? Movies don't make much on DVD-sales anyway....and the people at Universal are already happy that Minions was their 3rd Billion dollar grosser last year.

There's was no point for Minions to be direct to DVD.....so who cares about that? Direct to dvd-flicks rarely make profits for a studio.

He's saying this because this movie is a complete shit that didn't deserve a release at cinemas (which I agree)

6 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Hm, and what's your proof to say that the last movie was not well received by the public? It had massive numbers, good legs, why exactly it was hated? Just because you didn't like the movie?

Minions had pretty shitty legs for an animated movie.

33 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

He's saying this because this movie is a complete shit that didn't deserve a release at cinemas (which I agree)

Your opinion.

And also.....can you at least accept MY opinion for once? No wonder why you comment me out of nowhere when i wasn't even talking to or about you......just so you can win this pointless argument, Raph? :angry:

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

On 17/04/2016 at 11:29 AM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Your opinion.

And also.....can you at least accept MY opinion for once? No wonder why you comment me out of nowhere when i wasn't even talking to or about you......just so you can win this pointless argument, Raph? :angry:

Ouch! I was just explaining to you what he tried to say, since you didn't get this :lol: