CJohn

Ice Age 5: Collision Course (July 22, 2016)

Yup - gone fully slapstick silly with this series - probably means I will enjoy this one....

And @MrFanaticGuy34 the improvements of BlueSky have largely flown under the radar but their films are on par technically speaking with DW (IMO of course) and really with a few more pictures under their belt they could climb above that. Now if they start developing new techniques and styles ala Pixar then maybe they can ascend to the top in the future.

7 hours ago, Black Hawk said:

Funny trailer, doesn't look like it will be a major departure from the tone and humor of the previous Ice Age movies. I wonder why they never introduced humans again after the first movie, or did the makers just forget that humans exist in their continuity. 

44 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Funny trailer, doesn't look like it will be a major departure from the tone and humor of the previous Ice Age movies. I wonder why they never introduced humans again after the first movie, or did the makers just forget that humans exist in their continuity. 

I think for the final film, they should have the baby from the first film reappear as an teenager or adult and team up with them to save his tribe. I do think the series has gotten too silly and a slightly mature storyline might be a good thing.

44 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Probably because they can't do uber silly things with humans.

I really enjoyed Peanuts but Blue Sky was obviously under a ton of pressure from the Schulz family and even Paul Feig was put into place to make sure it was a good product. Sure enough it was... I dare say it rivals the original Ice Age as the studio's best film. Yet of course it's also one of the studio's lowest-grossing films. So just more crap for now I guess?

Also before that film, they had a 7-minute long Ice Age Scrat short that ended strangely open-ended. That's because it was the first seven minutes of their next movie. Now that's some trailer.