filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

I mostly enjoyed it for the performances, especially Amy Adams and Bradley Cooper. But the story/plot/whatever left me cold. I guess I'm just not a big fan of DOR. I feel that way about most of his movies.

Hope restored. SLP was fantastic.

• Like 2

Overall, as a director Ben Affleck has a better track record over the past 10 years than Nolan. IMO.

:ph34r:

I've found that Affleck is really good at making solid movies.

I haven't found a single one of his to be exceptional however. Perhaps you could say the same for Nolan, but personally I think he has three or four films that touch closely to it.

Edited by MrPink

Not enough movies.

3 movies over 6 years.

Nolan has made 5 films over the past 10 years, so same ratio.

Gone Baby Gone > The Prestige > Argo > Batman Begins > The Town > The Dark Knight > The Dark Knight Rises > Inception

Use the same timeframe (2007 onward) and the comparison looks even worse for Nolan since his two best movies don't figure in.

Edited by 4815162342

3 movies over 6 years. Nolan has made 5 films over the past 10 years, so same ratio. Gone Baby Gone > The Prestige > Argo > Batman Begins > The Town > The Dark Knight > The Dark Knight Rises > Inception

The Dark Knight above all. You have to remember it got Oscar snubbed.