Films

Wicked: Part 1 | November 22, 2024 | Jon M Chu to direct | Ariana Grande is Galinda. Cynthia Erivo is Elphaba

12 minutes ago, Human said:

I am surprised.  I assumed it would be rated PG-13.

The musical is as family-friendly as anything you'll find on Broadway. If Into the Woods managed a PG this was definitely getting one too.

• Like 3

If someone doesn’t know this is a musical at this point then that’s on them. This is trailer 3 and it’s literally based on a musical.

But this is definitely the best trailer out of all three. If Moana 2 hadn’t appeared out of thin air this would’ve had a clear runway until Mufasa. Still should be #2 for November though.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Eric Deetz said:

Regardless if this is good or bad...that Defying Gravity cover is already giving me the chills. I know I sound like a theater kid, but it's still one of my favorite show tunes ever, and they perfected it.

The Defying Gravity cover is the main draw for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Speedorito said:

If someone doesn’t know this is a musical at this point then that’s on them. This is trailer 3 and it’s literally based on a musical.

But this is definitely the best trailer out of all three. If Moana 2 hadn’t appeared out of thin air this would’ve had a clear runway until Mufasa. Still should be #2 for November though.

No trailer has made really clear It's a musical.

90% of people of International markets see the trailer on the big screen doesn't know the musical Wicked exists so a lot of people don't know that.

Anyways what i want to notice is how this time we can even see different trailers and the international one doesn't have the main Song is so important in the american trailer. They're doing everything to sell It as a normal drama fantasy in countries where musical don't work that much.

I find It a good strategy after all. The risk is to have then people complaining about the fact is a musical even It the movie is a good musical.  Maybe they believe once people watch It they will like it anyways 😄

Edited by vale9001

On 9/5/2024 at 8:59 AM, Speedorito said:

Not to mentiont that Wicked has been one of the most sucessful Musical Stage shows in History.

If you don't know this is a musical,  you are really, really, out of touch.

On 9/5/2024 at 3:13 PM, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Tired: Hiding you're a musical.

Wired: Hiding you're a 'Part One.'

Particluarly since Wicked is one of the most famous musical stage shows in History. It is sort of like not knowing that Hamilton is a  musical.

But yeah, that this is  in two parts is my big concern about this film. Thye are streachin it really thin.

6 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

I LOVE the musical, but this looks....so boring and stale. How are you gonna make a WIZARD OF OZ movie look this butt ugly. 

If you call a director as horrible as Jon M. Chu this is what you get: horrible.
And next year we have another one!

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 11:59 AM, Speedorito said:

Yes but you definitely wouldn't know it's a part 1. Especially when the director keeps saying stuff like this: