baumer

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

26 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

a really beautiful movie 

& a great looking one :wub:

& a beautifully sounding to boot!

a romantic subplot was a bit meh but the moment when she sings is lovely (& I havent heard this song before I had to utube it) Pretty catchy

ha pretty typical of me liking a movie with 50% at RT.  :lol:

Stiller came here for promotion btw & reading about them filming was exciting. Hopefully it has a decent BO run b/c those efforts must be rewarded

Eh, didn't really care for it and the constant advertisement really took me out of the movie. Still, it's a safe and enjoyable enough film I guess and a decent time waster, though it's not something I'll remember in a week's time...

***/*****, (C+, 6.2/10, 2.5/4)

PS: This needs to be added to reviews archive page...

I went out to my local video store and rented this movie because I been really wanting to see it but man this movie is so disappointing. The first act is boring and the movie doesn't spend enough time going on the adventure itself. Now the visuals are beautiful, the acting is good, and the final act does a good job sending you off feeling good but I was hoping this movie would be more inspiring and shamefully I felt just empty and wanting more. B

Amazing movie, highly, highly underrated. The real hidden gem of 2013. When I watched it in the cinema, I didn't know what it was about and was just stunned - I thought it wouldn't hold up as well watching it at home a year later, but it really really is. I watched it again and it cemented my view that it's the best film of 2013.