LexJoker

Monday #s (12/30) 'HAPPY NEW YEAR'

Frozen (2013)

$7,898,402

-6%

$2,368

$256,016,197

Disney

Still up from last Monday and a great number. Today expecting it to drop again by around 30% or more.

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice27s

SAVING MR. BANKS took in $2.88M on Monday. Domestic total now stands at $40.16M. #SavingMrBanks

Again up from last week. And the drop is similar as well. I think it can hit 50 on Thursday
  • Like 2

At this point, I don't think you can say anything about DOS in terms of good drops or bad drops.  They are just drops.  It'll get to 265-275.  It should be at 240-250 by MLK weekend.  I don't get anyone saying that if it drops more or less than AUJ or TTT it means anything at this point.  It's not going to hit 300 and it won't miss 260.  And that's where 99% of us had it grossing.

Frozen is a beast and it will make a push for 400.  The holidays helped it for sure but there is no doubt that the quality of the film helped more.  And I can just see the haters celebrating on Monday when it drops by 75-80%.  That will mean nothing of course because schools are back in.  What will the detractors say on Friday and Saturday when it jumps 166 and 65% respectively?

Anchorman 2 is going to be over 100 by the end of the weekend and at about 125 by MLK weekend.  It has a chance at 140 with an outside shot at 150.  So tell me BKB, what exactly went wrong?

Grudge Match looks DOA unfortunately.  I'm not sure where it will end up by 35-40 mill looks like a good bet, much lower than the 75 I had hoped for.  Time to get into a Tarantino movie as a supporting character, Sly.

• Like 11

So far 31 movies have been reported and it's the only one in single digits. Most movie are in 20%+ range. 

This is for you E.

5 Thor: The Dark World $151,512 -15% 319 -797 $475 $202,515,122 8 Disney

Ooh thanks druv!

eta:

We didn't get any numbers for Paramount, Sony and Lionsgate today.

So we don't know how WWS, AM2 or CF held.

Edited by ECSTASY