druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

Anyone who doesn't like Frozen has ice in their heart. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I know a guy who despises any and all animation movies, he hates Up, and the only animation he ever admitted to liking was Finding Nemo and two others. He saw Frozen and wrote a positive review saying he couldn't help but like it

Happens all the time. Can't say it bothers me at all. This is why you're funny.

You're more the exception then. Plenty of people here bitch and moan when movies they don't like are big successes. I just have to do double time for Frozen since I'm the only real hater on the board. I could really use some backup, this shit is getting exhausting.

Next weekend for sure. ;):P

When it wins the next weekend, you're gonna move to the weekend after but once it pummels DM2, I fully expect you to honor our bet so it's going to be glorious to see you decked in Frozen sig/avatar.  ;)  :P

• Like 1

Anyone who doesn't like Frozen has ice in their heart. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I know a guy who despises any and all animation movies, he hates Up, and the only animation he ever admitted to liking was Finding Nemo and two others. He saw Frozen and wrote a positive review saying he couldn't help but like it
  • Like 1

Only sheep believe Citizen Kane is one of the best films of all time, and that is the stone cold truth.

I'd say only uneducated film goers don't see it as one of the best films of all time. The technique, story telling mechanism, shooting style and etc. are all transcendant. 

When I saw Anchorman 2 the Paranormal Activity trailer played before it, and then the trailer for another found footage movie that looked so similar that I thought they'd accidentally attached the same trailer twice. Can't remember what that other movie was but it goes to show how all this found footage shit just blends together for me.

• Like 1

I know a guy who loves animation movies and cites films like The Lion King, Spirited Away, and Toy Story 3 as some of his favorite of all time. He saw Frozen and wrote a review saying it was entirely mediocre aside from the animation and couldn't help but wonder what the fuss was all about. Oh wait, that was me!

Anecdotes are fun. ;)

You're more the exception then. Plenty of people here bitch and moan when movies they don't like are big successes. I just have to do double time for Frozen since I'm the only real hater on the board. I could really use some backup, this shit is getting exhausting.

I don't like Frozen either but tbh I don't have the energy to keep shitting on it. 

I'd say only uneducated film goers don't see it as one of the best films of all time. The technique, story telling mechanism, shooting style and etc. are all transcendant. 

If you don't like Citizen Kane then you're just not educated enough, I agree.

Posted Image

• Like 1

And that mentality is what makes you a sheep towards it. That's what you've been told by critics/ film "experts" over and over, so that's how it's got to be right? Wake up and watch it objectively.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

That's the riczhang I know. 

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 2

Lol I don't know whether or not too ignore movie man or not and unblock him when frozen's run is over. He brings so much negativity to any frozen related thread :P I've never seen someone actively hate a movie so.much since fishnets.

Fuck that shit. You know, I wouldn't even have anything against it if everyone wasn't acting like it was so great. It's not that I think it's bad, it's just got to be the most overrated movie to come along in years.

I know that as a newbie my opinion wont matter that much but in a way i can see where you are coming from... i mean i adore the movie (seen it four times) but i am fully aware that it has plenty of flaws... many critics have pointed those out and the most negative ones have basically nitpicked the movie to death by latching onto them (up to a point rightfully so). All i can say in defense of frozens reception is that it has a very very solid core narrative and two protagonists that a large part of the general population can identify with. For many this completely overshadows lapses in storytelling or characterization. The movie simply works for most on an emotional level which is really difficult to quantify properly... If somebody does not connect with the main characters (and there is nothing wrong with that) the films flaws simply will become more apparent... btw i think thats the case with quite a few other highly rated movies as well...

Lol I don't know whether or not too ignore movie man or not and unblock him when frozen's run is over. He brings so much negativity to any frozen related thread :P I've never seen someone actively hate a movie so.much since fishnets.

*sigh*

And that mentality is what makes you a sheep towards it. That's what you've been told by critics/ film "experts" over and over, so that's how it's got to be right? Wake up and watch it objectively.

I can assured you that I am not a sheep. I know exactly why I love the movie and it isn't because the critics told me so. I suggest you go to a few film classes, understand the basic tenements of modern filmmaking and then watch it again. 

If he follows the fishnets trajectory, I doubt that you'll have to put up with him for much longer. :P

That's the riczhang I know. 

Well I'm sick, everyone I know is out and I'm bored, tired and annoyed. 

IM3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Wolverine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DoS >>>>>>>>>>> Man of Steel

IM3 = MOS = Wolverine > Thor > KA2