druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

That's more in between, I liked the trailer but it's still February, although I am optimistic about it, I just feel like there is a possibility it might verge to much on being kiddish entertainment and the animation style might get annoying. (I understand animated movies are primarily for kids, but some are great movies period, some are great for kids and tolerable for adults, and others are pure childish entertainment)

The trailer had some funny jokes, but there were also some parts that verged on being annoying six year old slap stick, hyperactive jokes.

Phil Lord and Chris Miller tell me enough. Cloudy 1 is one of (if not the) funniest animated movie in the past few years. Cloudy 1 had annoying trailers and seeing LEGO only has annoying parts in the trailer gives me hope it'll be the great comedy it looks like

I don't get your point on the animation style though; it looks real refreshing compared to what you usually get in current CGI

• Like 1

Just came back from WoWS. Am in NYC for the weekend and went to Lincoln Center for the 6:30pm show. The rush was insane. Obviously sold out. The movie was on 2nd floor. The line for those who had already bought the tickets started from the theater to the passage(which is very long), to stairs all the way down to the groundfloor. The crowd reaction was generally positive. The climax had a mixed reception.

Edited by a2knet

Keep in mind with Lego, it's designed to entertain, like many kids movies, but moreso than most it's also designed to sell toys.

Yeah, but how much money does WB make off that the Star Wars and TMNT characters in it? 

$0

• Like 1

Just came back from WoWS. Am in NYC for the weekend and went to Lincoln Center for the 6:30pm show. The rush was insane. Obviously sold out. The movie was on 2nd floor. The line for those who had already bought the tickets started from the theater to the passage(which is very long), to stairs all the way down to the groundfloor. The crowd reaction was generally positive. The climax had a mixed reception.

We were 2 blocks away from each other at 6:30. A small world eh?

That doesn't exactly excuse a potential poor product.

Of course not. Fortunately, it looks like it's going to be a good product (I don't generally watch animated movies, and I won't watch this, but this looks like it'll be a good one).

I was just pointing out that for whatever-sized hit this turns out to be at the box office, you can actually add a lot more money to it thanks to all the Lego Movie sets they'll be selling.

Smaller than Belfort's heart ^_^

I work at The Metropolitan Opera at Lincoln Center. I was thinking about going to American Hustle but I stayed to work on the comic book thread. Grr. Edited by #ED

Of course not. Fortunately, it looks like it's going to be a good product (I don't generally watch animated movies, and I won't watch this, but this looks like it'll be a good one).

I was just pointing out that for whatever-sized hit this turns out to be at the box office, you can actually add a lot more money to it thanks to all the Lego Movie sets they'll be selling.

Yes.

Yeah, Lego Movie has been getting great reactions everytime the trailer is shown when I am at a movie.

I wouldn't be shocked if it makes around what The Lorax did.

Edited by Empire
  • Like 1