druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

Frozen, increase would not be much better than DoS.

6.8m

8.9m (?) +30%

5.3m (?) -40%

Possible muted weekends thanks to bad weather?

Weather has improved over the weekend considerably. Sunday could be inflated.

If DoS gets 16m, that's 8.5% less than AUJ's 17.5m. So not surprising at all. Last weekend it was 9% less. The story has been same as before. Underwhelming OW, then has kept pace. Considering it's a sequel, that itself is a little creditable.

You guys do remember this is Nikki right. Saturday could have been $15 million but as long as Friday was still $4 million she'd go with her original numbers.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 1

You guys do remember this is Nikki right. Saturday could have been $15 million but as long as Friday was still $4 million she'd go with her original numbers.

This last update of her takes the toast. No daily estiamtes, just direct confident weekend numbers on Sat night.

• Like 1

Finally watched the first 2 episodes of Community season 5. The segment with Abed acting like Nicolas Cage may just be the funniest TV moment of 2014 (so far  ;) )

I watched them both this week, first episode was a bit soft I thought, but the 2nd was much better. Is Jonathan Banks a permanent addition?

Finally watched the first 2 episodes of Community season 5. The segment with Abed acting like Nicolas Cage may just be the funniest TV moment of 2014 (so far  ;) )

Yes, that was really hilarious! :lol:

Wkd Box Office: #1 'Frozen' $21M about to pass $300M dom cume, #2 'Paranormal Activity: Marked Ones' $19M, #3 'Hobbit Smaug' $16M/$229.4M.

https://twitter.com/NikkiFinke/status/419722030263435265

Frozen better squeak pass 22M and disney can overestimate it to 22.9, just for the sake of press releases regarding the 300M mark threshold.

If DoS gets 16m, that's 8.5% less than AUJ's 17.5m. So not surprising at all. Last weekend it was 9% less. The story has been same as before. Underwhelming OW, then has kept pace. Considering it's a sequel, that itself is a little creditable.

I'm disheartened that it wasn't bigger. But I guess the movie going population just wants superheroes, CGI cartoons, and movies based on teenage girls novels. Perhaps they should have had a shirtless scene of Thorin or Kili, then maybe more girls would have come.

• Like 1

If the Friday and Saturday estimates hold, I think we end up with

1- Frozen 21.5

2- Paranormal- 19.5

3- Smaug - 16.8

I'm disheartened that it wasn't bigger. But I guess the movie going population just wants superheroes, CGI cartoons, and movies based on teenage girls novels. Perhaps they should have had a shirtless scene of Thorin or Kili, then maybe more girls would have come.

I guess it's just the AUJ spillover. The audiences gave AUJ a fair chance, felt let down and some skipped DoS.

From that I get...

Frozen - $6.75, $8.5, 5.3 (-38%) = $20.55

PA - $8.74, $7, 3.6 (-49%) = $19.34

DoS - $5.12, $7, $4.1 (-41%) = $16.12

• Like 1

If the Friday and Saturday estimates hold, I think we end up with

1- Frozen 21.5

2- Paranormal- 19.5

3- Smaug - 16.8

Frozen will need 6.2m on Sunday to make it to 21.5m

That's a 27% Sunday drop. I feel that's a bit optimistic. 21m seems more like it (-33% Sunday).