druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

Australia take the Ashes 5-0.

On paper England looked stronger. With the momentum from the previous Ashes victory with them. What happened? Fatigue, complacency, stress? Johnson  :ph34r: ?

I think Lego will do decent, maybe 125m. I don't think it looks to go much higher, it seems to be firmly aimed at very young viewers, I don't see it expanding beyond that demographic or getting a lot of repeat viewings (both of which helped power DM2 and Frozen to their lofty heights).

Obviously basing this just on the trailers. Anything could happen, including big disappointment if the funny bits in the trailer turn out to be the only good bits, or it might turn out to be better than it looks.

• Like 1

Yeah, Lego Movie has been getting great reactions everytime the trailer is shown when I am at a movie.

I wouldn't be shocked if it makes around what The Lorax did.

And seeing that Lorax was shit and LEGO Movie looks actually good, that'd make me a happy Blanky

• Like 1

Australia take the Ashes 5-0.

In 3 days!

(Actually, if you factor in England's terrible overs rate, and look at the amount of balls bowled, Australia won in about 2 and a half days' worth of cricket.)

• Like 1

In 3 days!

(Actually, if you factor in England's terrible overs rate, and look at the amount of balls bowled, Australia won in about 2 and a half days' worth of cricket.)

And half a days worth of talent from England

• Like 1

I have seen more commercials for Lone Survivor tonight than I was seeing for any of the Christmas openers a week before they opened. I know a lot of people around here don't think so but this has a legit shot at pulling in close to $30 million this weekend.

• Like 1

I have seen more commercials for Lone Survivor tonight than I was seeing for any of the Christmas openers a week before they opened. I know a lot of people around here don't think so but this has a legit shot at pulling in close to $30 million this weekend.

I have been seeing a ton of commercials for it too. I don't see it opening close to 30m, but I could see it opening close to 25m.

• Like 1

gonna do a quick sell-out report before bedtime

Manhattan, NY

Wolf of Wall Street: 16

Anchorman 2: 7

Walter Mitty: 6

Her: 4

American Hustle: 4

Catching Fire: 4

Inside Llewyn Davis: 3

Frozen: 2

Paranormal Activity: 2