Gopher

Count Down 100 Movies from 2013 (Multiple users) Tele page 20

Great list Spaghetti, while you were putting up this list you gave me the chance to see some of the movies I haven't seen and now can fully understand your picks and there positions. I agree with them almost 90% and that is just awesome. 

Only problem I have is American Hustle should never see the light of the day ever in anyones list.  ;)

• Like 2

Join me as I count down my Top 25 Films of 2013. I will only list films that I have seen so films like Her, Saving Mr. Banks, and other acclaimed but limited films won't be listed since I haven't seen then and not planning too. 

By the end of tonight I will have 25-21 up! Enjoy!

• Like 5

Come on we do love Smaug equally, that should count for something.  ;)

True. I've made no secret that I prefer American Hustle to Wolf of Wall Street. But that's not what's gonna get the die hardest Wolfies (Gopher, baumer) riled up.
  • Like 1

True. I've made no secret that I prefer American Hustle to Wolf of Wall Street. But that's not what's gonna get the die hardest Wolfies (Gopher, baumer) riled up.

Yeah, why don't they just put their anger on that bullshit AH then screwing over Smaug. I even like Smaug better AH. 

Just saying. 

If the final act action bonanza had been trimmed a bit, there been a little more substance to Gandalf's plot, and a few other touch-ups here and there, Smaug would certainly be much higher than it currently is, because I have a big cluster bottleneck of 10-11 films where the quality differences are very small, so a small improvement would mean a jump of at least several spots.

Yeah I could understand what you saying. I felt that gandalf's plot was rushed a bit too for the other parts to have a space in that almost 3 hours space for the movie. It took some of the value in that plot out of it. 

#25. Evil Dead (2013)

Posted Image

Review- Gory, violent, and thrilling, Evil Dead (2013) is one of the best horror remakes we have yet seen and one of the few that is better than the original film. This film gave me exactly what I wanted and it lived up to the hype of the brilliant trailers. While it isn't the most terrifying film I have seen it is definitely one of the best horror films in a very long time. 

• Like 5

I am very dissapointed that HER won't be in this list.

The trailer just didn't interest me. It really isn't my type of movie (I won't like it) and I wouldn't like it and I don't want to spend $12 on it. I will probably watch it if it goes on Netflix or Redbox. 

#24. Fast & Furious 6

Posted Image

Review- Fun, action-packed, and an actually good script and storyline, Fast and Furious 6 represents the strongest film in the series by a long shot. The visual effects were terrific and you plane scene had you sitting on the edge of your seat bitting your nails in suspense. This film is the definition of a summer blockbuster. 

• Like 6

#23. The Croods 

Posted Image

Review- Original, well casted, and beautifully animated, The Croods is the most underrated animated film of 2013.  I procrastinated in seeing this film because I didn’t think it looked good however in mid-June I was bored and finally saw it in the budget theaters. I was shocked how much I enjoyed this film. Definitely one of the best DreamWorks films. 

• Like 2

#22. 42

Posted Image

Review- While it does run slow at times, 42 is filled with an inspirational story and strong acting that make it one of the best sports films all time. While I don't like Harrison Ford as an actor I really enjoyed him in 42 and he does a terrific job. Chadwick Boseman does a great job as Jackie Robinson. 

• Like 4

#21. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Posted Image

Review- Rising above the disaster of the first film (4.5/10), The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is filled with stunning CGI particularly the CGI and voice acting of Smaug and a plot that shocking doesn’t slow down. The film did not feel overly long or bloated and this is coming from a guy how normally starts getting bored when movies pass the 90 minute mark. The Hobbit finally is deserving of call itself a prequel to Lord of the Rings. Can't wait til next December!

• Like 2