• Iron Man 3
    • OZ
    • Pacific Rim
    • Star Trek 2
    • Thor 2
    • Anchorman 2
    • This Is The End

As far as box office goes, the answer would be Pacific Rim

I still think the biggest box office underwhelmer was Star Trek Into Darkness. Even some of the lowest predictions had it at over $300m. There was less assurance in the success of Pacific Rim's financial journey. 

• Like 2

I still think the biggest box office underwhelmer was Star Trek Into Darkness. Even some of the lowest predictions had it at over $300m. There was less assurance in the success of Pacific Rim's financial journey.

Box office wise Star Trek 2 definitely. Thor 2 also fell below oretty much every recorded prediction here

Catching Fire really?? 

Even I liked it more then THG lol 

I didn't like it and just felt underwhelmed. And it was definetely overhyped as people have been freaking out over it like second coming of the Christ for the past 6 months.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

I remember lots of people thinking MOS would suck just as much as the ones who thought it would be very good (and that's pretty much what the reception was, some people really liking it and others hating it)

Pacific RIm, read the thread for that movie again. It defines overhyped. 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2

Pacific Rim was supposed to be visionary director Guillermo Del Toro's masterpiece, a landmark in modern science fiction. 

Honestly, it fell more short of the creative hype than the commercial hype.

I remember lots of people thinking MOS would suck just as much as the ones who thought it would be very good (and that's pretty much what the reception was, some people really liking it and others hating it)

Yeah, I remember it being that way too. I don't see how it is the most overhyped movie of 2013. :huh:

Going by the list, I guess I would go with Pacific Rim. I really liked it, but I thought it would do much more than it did. :(

• Like 1