Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

Did Vincent Vega scalp Tom Cruise to put on this (bad) hairpiece?

I heard Tom cruise does wear hair pieces  Dash.. And your not allowed to look on it too hard on set if your an extra or supporting star.. These stars have ludcrious contracts when you work with them.  LOL

• Like 2

IDK about 12YAS, but I find Gravity overrated for the same reasons that most others do: lack of a great script. Don't get me wrong, the visuals are tremendous, but what happens once the film's out of theaters and I have to watch it in my living room? I'll still be impressed by the visuals, but I hope that the story/characters are what gets me, since my TV sure doesn't look as nice as the movie theater. I don't think Gravity doesn't have a story or good characters, it's just not great.

Anyways I meant to comment earlier on Leto's speech. Definitely goes into my favorites ever category. He gave props to so many people in such a perfectly timed and poignant speech. May have been rehearsed, but still was great.

There's nothing wrong with rehearsing a speech. A rehearsed speech can still come from the heart and be natural.

Edited by Dark Jedi Master 007

IDK about 12YAS, but I find Gravity overrated for the same reasons that most others do: lack of a great script. Don't get me wrong, the visuals are tremendous, but what happens once the film's out of theaters and I have to watch it in my living room? I'll still be impressed by the visuals, but I hope that the story/characters are what gets me, since my TV sure doesn't look as nice as the movie theater. I don't think Gravity doesn't have a story or good characters, it's just not great.

For me Ryan Stone is a better character than the entirety of 12YAS' lineup. Even though Lupita and Fassbender do great acting jobs, their characters still aren't all that complex or layered. Gravity demands its viewer to tune into its subtleties if you want more than what's on the surface, and I love that about it. Catch some new symbolism each of the 5 times I've seen it.

• Like 1

For me Ryan Stone is a better character than the entirety of 12YAS' lineup. Even though Lupita and Fassbender do great acting jobs, their characters still aren't all that complex or layered. Gravity demands its viewer to tune into its subtleties if you want more than what's on the surface, and I love that about it. Catch some new symbolism each of the 5 times I've seen it.

Eh. I read about its subtleties, and still didn't find it that impressive. But since I haven't seen 12YAS, I can't argue. Perhaps, Gravity was a better film. For me TWOWS was leagues above Gravity in terms of character, subtle ideas, and just an amazing experience, which is why I was completely fine with Gravity not winning BP (because TWOWs wasn't going to win either). But to each his own.

Edited by Dark Jedi Master 007

I really don't see Gravity as this visual festival that lacks story, for me it sparkled deep considerations about fear of being alone and attachment to home. I think the lack of characters and dialogue goes well with what Cuarón intended to show us, and it's this solitary atmosphere that makes some scenes so powerful.

12YAS had great dialogue, but the whole movie was more about rubbing cruelty on our faces, in the end I wasn't rooting for Platt to be freed, I was rooting for the ginger guy to be smacked in the face. Not really what I look for in a movie.

• Like 1