Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

Update: On ABC, The Oscars delivered a 12.9 adults 18-49 rating from 8:30-11:41PM, down 1 percent in adults 18-49 from last year's 13.0 final adults 18-49 rating, but up 7 percent  from the preliminary ratings for  last year's telecast.

Who says this was a weak year?

oh yeah i'm watching the ceremony now

i have no idea what some of you were seeing but ellen's intro was super funny , i was laughing so hard but maybe i'm bias as i love ellen , omg at the jonah hill joke that one took a 5 sec to sink in 

seeing jared leto acceptance speech , what a lovely speech 

happy is a very catchy tune ...haven't seen despicable me 2 but you know me and animation hopefully at some point today i'll see it maybe -_-

ok costume designer prize now ...oh she also won for moulin rouge , i guess you could say she and baz collab has been very fruitfull

makeup /hairstyle winners deserved it , i was impressed with jared leto and MmC transformation

Edited by ladyevenstar22

the selfie that keeps on giving !

you know you've made it as a selfie when you're being imitated and reimagined a tenthfold 

ok i'm at the moon song performance , lovely song!

just caught the selfie moment during the ceremony it was good! 

my my my but chris hemsworth is really sweet on the eyes and then he opens his mouth and i'm a puddle ...

ah the gravity train is going tchoo tchoo...

awwww lupita !!!! i don't think i've heard much interview with her but another thing that strikes me apart from her beauty ,is how articulate she is , when you think lots of young people today butcher the english language , she's a breath of fresh air !

what a beautiful speech!!!! :wub: 

ok ok that PIZZA moment was priceless :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

pink has a beautiful voice , i'm a fan of hers for life ! kinda forgot liza minelli is judy garland kid 

one hour to go , and chris evans about to present or introduce who knows 

i don't find the ceremony is that long but then again i don't have to suffer through commercials lol

Edited by ladyevenstar22

harrison ford will always be the best movie president i ever saw, but seriously too many shots of superman not enough of iron man  

oh no "let it go" song, yikes that was funny what john travolta did with her name but i forgive him because apart from that it was a nice intro, still don't feel like seeing frozen ,keeping it for an artic day lol

more gravity grabbing techies, i feel HER should have won for score!

ok i'll give the lopez original speech for their oscar win for best song , i can tell they wrote "let it go" lol, plus pretty impressive he's won the E.G.O.T. now emmy globes oscar and a tony award! that's a select circle!

ellen is doing an amazing job, passing around pharell hat to get money for the pizza  :lol:  :lol:

wow john ridley is super nervous, he's trying to hold himself together , i say that coz he was all serious coming up to the stage and i was thinking smile you won an oscar but now i realize he's overwhelmed he's got that wobley lip going on, i've been there 

:huh: that's spike jonze?, with a name like that i was expecting someone else , he's got an original voice, he should do animation if he doesnt , then again if he's busy writing gems like HER ,keep on doing what you do ! ha a former skateboarder thanks ellen makes more sense now

ANGIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE always JOLIE  :wub: brad agrees ! sydney poitier hardly seems to have age, didnt he come to an oscar lately maybe early 2000

cate deserved that oscar, jasmine will be known and talked about as an iconic character for decades to come, plus hello isnt she gorgeous and such a pretty dress

poor leo moment , jlaw looks too tanned filming maybe?

congrats to matthew though , hopes he gets back to his usual weight soon , he's too thin still but much healthier looking than in the film, man i love his accent that drawl of his, he's religious and his character true detective isnt and he's impeccable

so a person being straight or gay shouldnt affect what character they get to play either 

and now best pic , will smith forever looking daper !

brad finally gets an oscar woohoo should have won for benjamin button is all i'm saying

hey i just realize brangelina is an oscarized couple woohoo :wub: angelina is the best thing to have happened to brad , go mr and mrs smith 

BRAVO 12YAS ,STEVE MCQUEEN for directing , ridley for adapting solomon's story and everyone who work to bring this film to the screen in such a way it could not be denied no matter how much some wanted to look the other way !

well steve McQueen is certainly excited ,hey you're allowed to express your excitment once that statue is yours

last but not least ELLEN bravo you did a great job hosting and made it less stuffy than usual, i think everyone had fun

Edited by ladyevenstar22
  • Like 1

Late to the party but it was a fun Oscars show on the whole.The goodThe winners. Not all were my personal faves but it would be churlish to wish anyone had not won. The delight on each face as their name is read out, the proud, beaming mother, the emotional shout outs to close family - how could anyone not congratulate each and every winner.Ellen -she did a very good jobThe pizza and the selfie - yes, perhaps the Oscars should be above such plebeian pursuits but 4 days on people are still talking about the Oscars and all the awards shows need to keep their audiences these days. And who cares if it was product placement. It worked.The badLeo losing.The annoyingKim novak's face. Why do once great beauties do this to themselves? Yes, I know about the pressures on women in Hollywood etc but no woman has yet managed to look younger or attractive with this kind of surgery so why ruin yourself?Lupita's fame hungry brother blocking out Angelina in the selfie. It wasn't cute or funny. He was a guest not a star. No one asked him to join. He ran out from several rows back to take centre stage. Rude.

Edited by All about Eve
  • Like 1

Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/academy-members-voted-for-oscarwinning-12-years-a-slave-without-watching-it-9177352.html

FUCK YOU PC BULLSHIT :angry:  :angry:

According to that article only two Academy members did so.

If it turns out 12YAS only beat Gravity by one vote, then I shall share your outrage. Until then, I don't really care. It wouldn't have made any difference and 12YAS is far from an unworthy winner.

• Like 2

its over ! save your fuss for next year which starts now , will there be a blue jasmine which comes out early and crowns an early best something to which nobody or nothing can compare or will it be a dash for the finish line with performances and films making a last minute splash as we splash around online desperate for a screener? or will it be in the middle with a september or october jewel

lets fuss over that!