Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

I really like that the Make Up & Hairstyle branch don't really give a damn if the movie has bad reviews or reputation and they focus on craft ;)

Except for the song I don't know, the Original Song nominees are strong. Let It Go has tough competition with U2

I can't believe that the branch snubbed AH for the one nom it deserved. 

Saw this on twitter: Barkhad Abdi to Tom Hanks: "I'm the captain now!"  :D 

Hanks is probably 6th, too bad he got snubbed. Really wanted him to get a nomination again but anyway glad both CP and SMB did well in the box office

Nominations Film
10 American Hustle
Gravity
12 Years a Slave
6 Captain Phillips
Dallas Buyers Club
Nebraska
5 Her
The Wolf of Wall Street
Philomena
3 Blue Jasmine
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
2 August: Osage County
Despicable Me 2
Frozen
The Grandmaster
The Great Gatsby
Inside Llewyn Davis
The Lone Ranger
Lone Survivor

Edited by Catching Iceroll
  • Like 1

Meryl Streep was fantastic in Hope Springs, if she campaigned last time she would easily get that nomination

I dunno. Last year was pretty competitive. I mean who would she have bumped out? Wallis? or Nanny? I don't actually see either of them missing. Wallis was BP and BD nommed and so were Legend Riva and JLaw. And Nanny was in a hardcore emotional drama with the pathos ramped up to 15/10. So  I don't see her missing either. The weak link (Cotillard) already missed out. 

How does that describe any of us who just don't think the film is worth all the praise?  I'm the guy who thinks Homefront is one of the 10 best films of the year.  I am certainly not a high brow film elitist.  

On that note, I didn't like AH because of the story.  Performances in my opinion was good, but not the story.

• Like 1

Hanks perf is so great that it hurts not seeing him in the list. I hate to see Bale there

Now, O'Russell is the first guy to have two consecutive films with an acting nomination in every category. It's really that great, Oscar voters?

• Like 1

Now, O'Russell is the first guy to have two consecutive films with an acting nomination in every category. It's really that great, Oscar voters?

Not just consecutive. He's the first guy to have two films make it in every acting category period.

Take out Cooper and Hill and replace with Gandolfini and Bruhl and you have one hell of a Supporting Actor lineup (even if Bruhl is a true lead).

cant be more true  :(

& oh well here goes 11th nom for Deakins & obv he's not going to win

again :(