Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

"Ladies and gentlemen, the gentlemen's club would like to honor... the same people they always honor. Join us on March 2nd forzzz (although the Her score is a nice surprise)" 

That stupid statement is from thefilmexperience.net regarding the Score nominations. It really shows how lost some critics are when it's time to talk about Scores. 

This lineup has two new composers. Every year we see new composers getting nommed. Newman and Williams? What's the problem? They wrote some of the best scores this year!

Honestly it's the same people writing the best scores year in year out. The same A-List composers from the twenty years ago still dominate film music nowadays. 

• Like 1

When Rush was not appearing in the tech guilds nominations, I knew it will get shut out.

The Abdi nod/Hanks snub is kinda similar with Helen Hunt nod/John Hawkes snub last year.

Edited by forg

No real surprises, even Hanks being left out isn't that big of a shocker. Weak year in overall quality if you ask me.

Weak year, that's just stupid. This year has been incredibly strong. 2011 was weak with the Artist winning.

• Like 1

No real surprises, even Hanks being left out isn't that big of a shocker. Weak year in overall quality if you ask me.

That's a great year! I'm not feeling embarrassed with any of the BP nominees. I have yet to see some though

Four of the roles of the Best supporting actors lineup are bad/amoral guys...

Yeah, a few years ago they were just dominating the category with Bardem, Ledger, Waltz. Though it seems like the one nominee who isn't playing a bad guy is the most likely to win this year.

Weak year, that's just stupid. This year has been incredibly strong. 2011 was weak with the Artist winning.

In my opinion it's a weak year lol the BP nominees aren't as strong as years past so thanks for calling it stupid. That response is stupid since it's a subjective observation, thanks though person I've never seen post ever. Edited by GiantCALBears

My local Regal is stupid. they are playing 2 movies for Best Picture (Hustle and Wolf) even though I already seen them I would like to see them again with people who haven't. So I look at the listings for this weekend and they are getting rid of both of them.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  Its a 10 screen theater, you can't keep the Oscar films.

But they got Osage County coming on Friday. :blink:  :blink:

By the way in the debate about American Hustle I will say that the music is great in the movie and the performances are great but the movie wasn't as good as Wolf or Gravity or Her or Nebraska. Jennifer Lawrence deserves a nomination but not to win this year. Still a good movie just not great.