Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

This didnt occur to me until now but making Chris Hemsworth announce the nominations must be taking the piss since Rush didn't get a single nod.

Chris is chill

I doubt he cares 

unlike me/us   :(

speaking of my bb Sarah

what a lady!

Sarah E. Polley ‏@SarahEPolley 

So happy for @TheActofKilling. A movie that should and will have a great life and may change things for the better. Yay @JoshuaOppenheim!

:worthy:

Edited by Tauriel

If there were 5 noms I think they be:

American Hustle

Gravity

Twelve Years a Slave

Wolf

With the 5th slot between: Captain Philips, Her and Dallas. (Or Nebraska but I see that being the picture/director split)

Don't kid yourself too much, Lone Ranger is an ILM CGI fest.

Just check out this reel just for the digital backgrounds and CG environment. Now imagine all the CG stunts doubles, CG trains, actors face swapping and various CG enhancements all over the place that are not touched upon.

I think people don't realize how far CGI has gone in the last 5 years.

They are CGI everywhere  !!!

The Wolf of Wall Street ?

Same, plenty of CGI set extensions and CGI extras etc.

YOu can do pretty much anything now.

Go tell in the street to the average Joe that New York in the final act of Avengers is almost all CGI. I discovered it myself with one of the  ILM videos you just posted for Lone Ranger.

Check out this video for WOWS :

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Amazing-Wolf-Wall-Street-Effects-Reel-Spoils-Some-Scorsese-Secrets-41103.html

Edited by The Futurist

Though I haven't seen nearly the movies many have seen this year (think I've seen 34), Hanks was most deserving and I would say he's even deserving in Mr. Banks.

Though I haven't seen many yet including Wolf, 12 Years, Her, Llewlyn, Dallas or Philomena. I still have a ways to go.

Unfortunately most of the rips out there are from the Hong Kong Blu-ray, which is maybe the worst transfer ever created for a new film. All that great cinematography is just ruined. The French Blu-ray has a much better transfer but it doesn't have any English options.

ah thx a lot for the info

I have to wait I dl the available version & then get smth better hopefully

Though I haven't seen nearly the movies many have seen this year (think I've seen 34), Hanks was most deserving and I would say he's even deserving in Mr. Banks.

I preferred him in SMB to Phillips  :ph34r:

Edited by Tauriel

I thought Monsters U should have been nominated and out of that group I would have removed The Croods.

Though Frozen should beat everything by a country mile (Though haven't seen Wind Rises)

Studio Ghibli films are fantastic, I really want to see The Wind Rises. I cant find it anywhere.