Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

Just taking a chance to advertise and as it's related to the Oscars, I am holding a 2004 Oscars in the and the winner is forum and it would be much appreciated if people would choose nominees.

Here is the link

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/13927-box-officecom-2004-oscars/

P.S.- Also please vote in the big brother films poll for eviction pinned in the speakeasy. Alisson23, Rodan, GreyGhost and Mahnamahna are all up for eviction

Now that's the end of the advertisements

IM JUST LOOKING FORWARD TO WAKING UP TO SEE THE BILLION DOLLAR FROZEN IS NOW ALSO THE WINNER OF TWO ACADEMY AWARDS ;)

Frozen better win best song over Happy and the other foolishness or people will flip out, and best animated

what a world we'll be living in where jlaw has 2 oscars at her age but leo di caprio has 0 zero zilch nada niet 

then again its easier for an actress to get an oscar than the guys at equivalent body of work 

ehh prepping myself for slight disappointment across the board, after all they say expct the worse and hope for the best

Wolf 9

Gravity 8 in theaters, 6 on TV/computer

Her 7

Captain Philips 6

AH 5

DBC no interest to see

12YAS no interest to see

Philomena no interest to see

Nebraska no interest to see

lol, i thought you were pulling a shay and telling us how many times you've seen each of those movies.

• Like 6

The Next Panda Award is The Breakthrough Award, this is for any Director, Actor, or Actress that made a breakthrough into the cinema world this year.

The Nominees are

Barkhad Abdi, Captain Phillips

Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Years a Slave

Margot Robbie, The Wolf of Wall Street and About Time

Michael B Jordan, Fruitvale Station

Ryan Coogler, Fruitvale Station

And the Bamboo Stick goes to...

Michael B Jordan

• Like 1

what a world we'll be living in where jlaw has 2 oscars at her age but leo di caprio has 0 zero zilch nada niet 

then again its easier for an actress to get an oscar than the guys at equivalent body of work 

ehh prepping myself for slight disappointment across the board, after all they say expct the worse and hope for the best

If Leo doesn't get it tonight, he gonna do the full (retarded) monty next as the final straw to win it starring as a bipolar texan blonde transvestite (Homosexuality, gender and psychological issue) who got Aids (Health issue) dealing drugs to survive facing Dallas local Cosa Nostra (Society issue) and pay for his treatment to no avail while his disabled mother (Obamacare issue) and his estranged drunk father (daddy issue) are trying to reconcile with him. At one point, he falls in love with a cowboy as well that dumps him badly.(Tragic love story). Did I mention that he realized he's part mexican as well (Identity Crisis and race issue!!!! Bonus +2) because his dad adopted him after her mother had a fling with the illegal gardener that led the dad causing her disability?(Yeah, daddy wasn't "estranged", he was in jail and she still loves him nonetheless).

His only ray of light is that he likes to sing (He's a failed American Idol contestant) and impersonates Mamie Van Doren (Silver Lining)

How much Oscar baiting can you get that far?

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 5

So, just seen 12YAS and...

1. Nebraska 8.5

2. Gravity 8.5

3. Her 8.0

4. 12YAS 8.0

5. Captain Philips 6.5

6. Philomena 6.0

7. DBC 6.0

8. AH 4.5

I'm wondering if it's worth to watch Wolf of Wall Street.

WOWS is one of the best movies I've ever seen. I would def. recommend it. DiCaprio's performance alone is worth it.

• Like 1

JLaw only has one Oscar, so far.

i watched like ten minutes of the great beauty. just wasn't in the mood for a film like that. i'll  try get back to it eventually. the hunt is very good, as is broken circle breakdown which i think could upset as it's the most emotional of the nominees.

Oh, I didn't watch the other three nominees, but predictions were pointing out The Great Beauty and The Hunt as the probable winners, but this category is a bit unpredictable sometimes, I guess.

Now on the Panda Awards is Best Supporting Actor

The Nominees Are

Daniel Bruhl, Rush

Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club

Jonah Hill, The Wolf of Wall Street

Michael Fassbender, 12 Years a Slave

And the Bamboo Stick Goes to....

• Like 2