CJohn

Sing | Dec. 21, 2016 | Illumination | Beats Moana domestic. The McConaissance Continues

46 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

This is all I've been able to find in terms of reactions so far, but at least we know that this movie will be pretty big come Christmas time.

Something is telling me that Sing is going to be YUGE. Bigger than Moana this holiday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

What would Disney think/do IF Sing becomes a much more applauded, higher grossing, and impactful film than Moana? :P 

Probably would be a huge downer if Sing beats Disney at their own animated musical game... 

Well Sing doesn't have any original songs, so you might be able to take solace in that.

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well Sing doesn't have any original songs, so you might be able to take solace in that.

One of the tweets state that although Sing might not be a  contender for Best Animated Feature, it should snag a nomination for, "Best Original Song."  So I assumed it had one, even if the characters don't sing it themselves and is just an opener/ender. 

12 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

One of the tweets state that although Sing might not be a  contender for Best Animated Feature, it should snag a nomination for, "Best Original Song."  So I assumed it had one, even if the characters don't sing it themselves and is just an opener/ender. 

I think Stevie Wonder and Ariana Grande are collaborating to make an original song for the movie.

EDIT: Yep, I was right

Edited by CoolEric258

9 minutes ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

Whoops, I guess I might have spoke too soon.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:37 PM, MinaTakla said:

Attended the Chris Meledandri tribute today at Venice and watched the first 20 minutes of SING (work-in-progress), plus they showed us a scene towards the end.

- The film is both hilarious and a bit more "grown-upy" in its themes than most Illumination films

- The animal singing scenes killed the audience with laughter.

- There's a big, HILARIOUS Japanese singing cats in the film. The audience exploded with laughs.

- The audience was all above 30-35 years old and they still laughed a lot

- Really liked the setup, and my favorite character is Reese Witherspoon

- Visually appealing a lot, and there are themes of parenthood, feminism, going broke, husband-wife relationships, bad treatment of women, faith in onself, and many more.

I think it will be a big hit. I hope they don't change much of what I saw.

Ask me any questions.

cc: @Baumer loves Oogieloves @cannastop

What were some of the songs used?