ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

Jack Ryan is totally bombing in Europe/OS too. Marketing here is terrible. Wolf of Wall Street is having a fantastic hold, Dallas is doing way more than a movie like this would ever do without those nominations at the Oscars/wins at the Globes.

Next week is American Hustle. 12 Years a Slave opened with 60000 tickets sold, Wolf just 50000. Both huge. Curious to see how AH will perform here.

January/February are the OSCAH months in Europe. Everything else should just be delayed to March/April.

All I know is that there is two movies that probably woulda broken the January record if it wasn't for record shattering football ratings this year, and that's fuckin impressive. Summer may look weak, but 2014 is off to an amazing start. Reason to be happy!

That's true, HUSTLE is a much more accessible movie. In fact, there's actually very little objectionable content aside from some cursing.

Well, that and Amy's cleavage in every shot.  Some of the people who walked out of Wolf might find that objectionable as well.   :rofl:

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

All I know is that there is two movies that probably woulda broken the January record if it wasn't for record shattering football ratings this year, and that's fuckin impressive. Summer may look weak, but 2014 is off to an amazing start. Reason to be happy!

To be fair, almost every year we hear about big NFL games having an affect. With that kind of consistency, I think the records are still totally legit.

But what an impressive start to the year. Somewhat expected, but still impressive.

I had a feeling that Ride Along would be big. Kevin Hart has been getting huge over the past couple of years (and still growing in popularity) and Ice Cube has had a good little resurgence thanks to Jump Street.

• Like 1

Fuck it, I think I will just go see Wolf with my mom. We saw Cameron Diaz fucking a car in the Counselor. It get can't much more awkward than that.

Bad choice buddy, The record holder of FUCKS in a movie far far far worse in that area.