baumer

Why do you dislike certain actors?

If I disliked any actors (Downey Jr, Streep and a few more that I cannot remember) it's because of their fans who went full retard.  NEVER. GO. FULL. RETARD.

I mean, look at Richzang. When you see him start ranting about goddess Meryl you start despising both of them.

And, just to throw that outta there. Anyone who hates Keanu for anything than his acting is a heartless bastard.

The fans are probably the reason why I have a distaste for Cumberbatch, Hardy and most notoriously, Nolan.

"And then there was his constant criticism and violence. Once, he tied her to a chair and beat her. Another time, he hit her with a baseball bat. He threatened to shave her head. He chased her out of their hotel room.

Several times he promised to go to rehab or therapy, or to father a child with her, and she took him back.

In June 1987, Madonna went to the Cedars Sinai hospital for an X-ray after Penn apparently hit her across the head with a baseball bat. At the time, they had been having a heart-to-heart talk about reconciling.

Madonna did not make an official complaint because Penn was about to serve a short jail term for attacking a film extra. He served 33 days of a 60-day sentence in the Los Angeles County jail (23 hours a day in solitary) for violating the probation he'd been given for punching a fan.

It was a decision she would come to regret. In the late afternoon of December 28, 1988, Penn scaled the wall surrounding the Malibu house and found Madonna alone in the master bedroom.

According to a report filed by Madonna with the Malibu sheriff’s office, the two began to quarrel. Penn told her he owned her ‘lock, stock and barrel’. When she told him she was leaving the house, he tried to bind her hands with an electric lamp and cord. Screaming and afraid, Madonna fled from the bedroom. What followed was a nine-hour ordeal which left her deeply shaken.

Penn chased her into the living room, caught her and bound her to a chair with heavy twine. Then he threatened to cut off her hair.

According to the police report, Penn was ‘drinking liquor straight from the bottle’ and the abuse went on for several hours, during which time he smacked and roughed up his victim.

He went out to buy more alcohol, leaving Madonna bound and gagged. Some hours later, he returned and continued his attacks.

Madonna said that he untied her after she agreed to perform a degrading sex act on him. She then fled the house and ran to her car.

Penn ran after her and was banging on the windows of her Thunderbird while she spoke to police on her mobile phone. Fifteen minutes later, she staggered into the sheriff’s office.

Lieut Bill McSweeny said: ‘I hardly recognised her as Madonna. She was weeping, her lip was bleeding and she had obviously been struck."

His abuse towards Madonna is also mentioned on his Wikipedia page.

This would explain alot. Shortly after this, was when Madonna started to get really fit and muscled. Her Like a Prayer album also had some songs on it that dealt with spouse abuse and even abuse of children. (Till Death do Us Part, Dear Jessie, Oh Father, and even Express Yourself is about never going for second best)

• Like 1

The only actor I actively hate is Mark Wahlberg for reasons posted in this thread. I have a love/hate relationship with Bradley Cooper though. Loved in SLP but he comes off as a douche in everything else I see him, be it a movie or an interview

I've recently come to hate Meryl though thanks to ric's worship and the fact she's never really impressed me.

• Like 1

The only actor I actively hate is Mark Wahlberg for reasons posted in this thread. I have a love/hate relationship with Bradley Cooper though. Loved in SLP but he comes off as a douche in everything else I see him, be it a movie or an interview

Up until SLP, I wanted to punch his smug douchebag face everytime I saw him popping up on screen.(Plus the fact that each time he's promoting a movie over here in France he's always showing his awesomeness on TV delighting us how fluent he can speak french. No, thanks.  <_< ).

It's like the guy really thinks he's more handsome and dreamy than Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and James Dean all rolled into one (See A-Team, "I'm so hot and fit, look at my colgate fake smile, oiled pecs and fresh abs because I spent thousand bucks to build'em with my Hollywood personal trainer") with the potential acting talent of young Robert Redford and Paul Newman since he apparently spent one decade sleeping on the rug of Actors Studio classroom. (And yet he still comes across most of the time as a try-hard actor following the Hollywood guide to be a moviestar whenever he acts, he's "actory" like "Please look at me! I'm acting here!").

• Like 2

Up until SLP, I wanted to punch his smug douchebag face everytime I saw him popping up on screen.(Plus the fact that each time he's promoting a movie over here in France he's always showing his awesomeness on TV delighting us how fluent he can speak french. No, thanks.  <_< ).

It's like the guy really thinks he's more handsome and dreamy than Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and James Dean all rolled into one (See A-Team, "I'm so hot and fit, look at my colgate fake smile, oiled pecs and fresh abs because I spent thousand bucks to build'em with my Hollywood personal trainer") with the potential acting talent of young Robert Redford and Paul Newman since he apparently spent one decade sleeping on the rug of Actors Studio classroom. (And yet he still comes across most of the time as a try-hard actor following the Hollywood guide to be a moviestar whenever he acts, he's "actory" like "Please look at me! I'm acting here!").

Sounds you like you dislike Cooper for the same reasons I don't like Paltrow. lol.

I don't understand the Bradley Cooper hate, sounds like jealousy more than anything

I just don't like try-hard douche. In this showmanship world, there are natural (or committed workers that are so talented and so good that it feels natural) and try-hards (that can't shake up the fake feeling behind and smell desperate pushiness).

It's painfully obvious that Cooper falls into the latter category. (Hangover aka "try-hard to be funny" ugh!)

Edited by dashrendar44

I just don't like try-hard douche. In this showmanship world, there are natural (or devoted workers that are so talented and so good that it feels natural) and try-hards (that can't shake up the fake feeling behind and smells desperate pushiness).It's painfully obvious that Cooper falls into the latter category. (Hangover aka "try-hard to be funny" ugh!)

Well Dash it was only a matter of time until we disagreed on something :). I thought he was suppose to come across like a douche in the Hangover movies. When he said to Stu "why don't you try rubbing it off" in hangover 2, I was in hysterics. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

Cooper is one of my favorite actors working today, IMO.

Yeah he's really surprised me lately, I thought him and Amy Adams were the best actors in American Hustle, I don't understand the praise Bale is getting for it, he just put on weight, that's all. His acting was good, but it wasn't anything special though his performance in The Fighter is out of this world.
  • Like 1

Yeah he's really surprised me lately, I thought him and Amy Adams were the best actors in American Hustle, I don't understand the praise Bale is getting for it, he just put on weight, that's all. His acting was good, but it wasn't anything special though his performance in The Fighter is out of this world.

Yeah. When I watched The Hangover I really thought his career was going to be short lived. Got once in the spot light and that's it. After Silver Linings and Hustle, I'm glad I was proven wrong. I consider his performance to be the best in both movies.

Never managed to get through The Fighter. Only watched like 40-50minutes of it before stopping. Gotta give it a try again sometime soon.

I just don't like try-hard douche. In this showmanship world, there are natural (or committed workers that are so talented and so good that it feels natural) and try-hards (that can't shake up the fake feeling behind and smell desperate pushiness).

It's painfully obvious that Cooper falls into the latter category. (Hangover aka "try-hard to be funny" ugh!)

You realize he didn't write Hangover, right?  So his character isn't his creation.

And hating him for trying to speak French?  Really?

You realize he didn't write Hangover, right?  So his character isn't his creation.

And hating him for trying to speak French?  Really?

You realized he always plays some kind of stereotyped douchebags one way or another, right? And you realize that could be grating that he based his moviestar career to be famous and Jane Doe's ideal son-in-law on that schtick, right?

I could say the same about your Gwyneth Paltrow's hatred. I could say that your hatred is just pure jealousy and that she played great in Two Lovers and Royal Tenenbaum so that's not her fault if she comes across as an airhead privileged heiress as well.

Edited by dashrendar44

Shia Labeouf, because he is annoying on screen, an asshole off screen and completely wasted the huge backing he got from Spielberg.

EDIT: Meryl Streep cause she is a queen and there are infinite minions fawning over her.

EDIT: Robert Downy Jr. cause he is arrogant and snobbish, something that helps him as Iron Man.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

You realized he always plays some kind of stereotyped douchebags one way or another, right? And you realize that could be grating that he based his moviestar career to be famous and Jane Doe's ideal son-in-law on that schtick, right?

I could say the same about your Gwyneth Paltrow's hatred. I could say that your hatred is just pure jealousy and that she played great in Two Lovers and Royal Tenenbaum so that's not her fault if she comes across as an airhead privileged heiress as well.

My hate of Paltrow has to do with how detached she is from reality and I even admitted that part of my dislike of her is jealousy.  

You on the other hand have stated that you don't like the characters he plays and that you don't like that he speaks French.  

My hate of Paltrow has to do with how detached she is from reality and I even admitted that part of my dislike of her is jealousy.  

You on the other hand have stated that you don't like the characters he plays and that you don't like that he speaks French.  

Must I put sarcastic smileys in the end of each sarcastic sentence of mine?

I don't like the characters he plays and I don't like to hear him talking about his "craft" because I don't think he's that great of an actor that is able to disappear into his roles for someone that spent so much time studying at Actor Studio dreaming to be the new DeNiro. The bottom line is Bradley Cooper plays Bradley Cooper trying to be funny, witty, charming, cocky, fucked up, creepy and so on playing a side of himself. I don't see a fully formed character on screen, I see "him" putting on an act, all the mechanics, the acting tricks, the phoniness of an actor that I dislike that wants to be loved.(That's the point of his AH's phony character BTW).

In SLP, that bipolar Pat character was dotted as I was sometimes distraught and out of the movie because sometimes Cooper was just Cooper trying to be a bipolar individual or simply there being his off-screen "charming" self. (Especially with that strange lovey dovey happy ending coming out of nowhere)

I think he's full of himself, whoring an Oscar more than Leo and Anne Hathaway rolled into one and that just fuels my disliking.

Edited by dashrendar44