baumer

Why do you dislike certain actors?

I hated it when talented actors become egotistic and to lose their integrity. and feel that they need $50,000,000 just to be in a movie. especially if it's dumb looking blockbuster that they have no interest in.

Johnny Deep.. and now Robert Downey Jr.. they both have become lazy actors to me who just see $$$

• Like 1

I hated it when talented actors become egotistic and to lose their integrity. and feel that they need $50,000,000 just to be in a movie. especially if it's dumb looking blockbuster that they have no interest in.

Johnny Deep.. and now Robert Downey Jr.. they both have become lazy actors to me who just see $$$

RDJ never took home big bucks until IM2. Im sure if someone offered you 50m to star in a movie you'd cum in your pants. I have just thinking about it.

• Like 1

RDJ never took home big bucks until IM2. Im sure if someone offered you 50m to star in a movie you'd cum in your pants. I have just thinking about it.

well, yes I guess not, but to me in Iron Man 3.. he looks bored. and I don't think he's a bad as deep.. what I don't like is an actor thinking they have to get that much for a film just cause they have been offered it before. and taking roles for that, that they have no interest in .. until they throw big bucks at them. and an actor can make a lot and still be civil about, that's not the only reason I don't much care for them anymore, if you talk to most causal moving going they just think there's no one better the Depp. I like underdogs what can I say. 

I think the money these guys make is absurd as well. But look at it this way, if Depp doesn't make that paycheck for any Pirates film, it will go to some fat cat head honcho of the studio.  So while the money is absurd, it's going to someone.

These guys are on my smug-list:

Jolie...she is smug as hell. So I think she is going to be great as Maleficent. And that will make her worse.

Will Smith...used to like him pre-Hancock.

Stallone...never liked him.

RJD...male Jolie

Edward Norton...female RJD

Edited by a2knet

(Laughs) I knew Hanoi Jane would get a mention. As non-American I really don't give a shit about her supposed treason - anyone defending America's involvement in Vietnam is already on very thin ice - but I can see why it riled people up at the time. The name's stuck with her so I guess that's a kind of victory for her detractors.

Edited by Hatebox

Hugh grant, he's a smart guy, but damn he is full of himself. He just needs to shut the fuck up and go back to his romantic comedies.

If you're talking about the recent phone hacking scandal, he was damn right to stand up against the tabloids. He even played them at their own game by wearing a wire and talking to a reporter who told him everything.

• Like 2

If you're talking about the recent phone hacking scandal, he was damn right to stand up against the tabloids. He even played them at their own game by wearing a wire and talking to a reporter who told him everything.

No im talking about him on such shows like Jonathan Ross where he acts purely arrogant.

well, yes I guess not, but to me in Iron Man 3.. he looks bored. and I don't think he's a bad as deep.. what I don't like is an actor thinking they have to get that much for a film just cause they have been offered it before. and taking roles for that, that they have no interest in .. until they throw big bucks at them. and an actor can make a lot and still be civil about, that's not the only reason I don't much care for them anymore, if you talk to most causal moving going they just think there's no one better the Depp. I like underdogs what can I say. 

Most casual movie goers seem to prefer RDJ to Depp unless Depp is in his Jack Sparrow outfit. This is my experience though. Still, if you were offered 50m or so to do a movie, I don't think you would turn the cheque down. He didn't look bored in IM3 to me, he made IM3.

Edited by Jessie

The difference between RDJ and Depp is that RDJ showed the love for the character of Tony Stark and always acted the part. IM3 was his best outing as Stark yet.Depp? Depp just phoned it in, playing the character with the same beat and quirks. No real development, no change, no moving forward.

Up until SLP, I wanted to punch his smug douchebag face everytime I saw him popping up on screen.(Plus the fact that each time he's promoting a movie over here in France he's always showing his awesomeness on TV delighting us how fluent he can speak french. No, thanks. <_< ).It's like the guy really thinks he's more handsome and dreamy than Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and James Dean all rolled into one (See A-Team, "I'm so hot and fit, look at my colgate fake smile, oiled pecs and fresh abs because I spent thousand bucks to build'em with my Hollywood personal trainer") with the potential acting talent of young Robert Redford and Paul Newman since he apparently spent one decade sleeping on the rug of Actors Studio classroom. (And yet he still comes across most of the time as a try-hard actor following the Hollywood guide to be a moviestar whenever he acts, he's "actory" like "Please look at me! I'm acting here!").

This, I think it's funny that he keeps getting cast opposite JLaw who - say what you will - is a complete natural with zero "method". Two totally different styles.
  • Like 2

People get angry and Depp and RDJ for getting so much money for their roles.

You need to remember actors are not always prized on how well they act, its their name brand and how much value they attach to a film.

RDJ and Depp for IM and Pirates add far more value to the movie brand then how much they are paid. 

• Like 1