Fake

The International Box Office Discussion Thread

Brave - 56.000 ticketsBourne Legacy - 45.000 ticketsThe Expendables 2 - 40.000 ticketsBig weekend here. Fantastic holds for Brave and Expendables 2, and a very big opening for Bourne. Bourne Ultimatum ended the first 7 days with 69.000 tickets sold. This will pass 70.000 by Wednesday.

• Like 1

Brave - 56.000 ticketsBourne Legacy - 45.000 ticketsThe Expendables 2 - 40.000 ticketsBig weekend here. Fantastic holds for Brave and Expendables 2, and a very big opening for Bourne. Bourne Ultimatum ended the first 7 days with 69.000 tickets sold. This will pass 70.000 by Wednesday.

:wave:

Any actuals for TE2 in Portugal?

Any actuals for TE2 in Portugal?

Those are the actuals. You mean in money? We are a small market, but the movie already passed the 1M mark. Edited by CJohn

Those are the actuals. You mean in money? We are a small market, but the movie already passed the 1M mark.

Actuals? You're telling me that Brave sold exactly 56,000 tickets, The Bourne Legacy sold exactly 45,000 tickets and The Expendables 2 sold exactly 40,000 tickets? These are estimates. I guess Portugal doesn't get actuals immediately after the weekend then.

Actuals? You're telling me that Brave sold exactly 56,000 tickets, The Bourne Legacy sold exactly 45,000 tickets and The Expendables 2 sold exactly 40,000 tickets? These are estimates. I guess Portugal doesn't get actuals immediately after the weekend then.

We got actuals but they are just very close to this. I didn't posted them here because I thought it wasn't necessary.

August saves 2012 here.Morangos com Açúcar, portuguese movie, will pull one of the top 5 biggest OD of all-time and one of the biggest OW of all-time. I can only imagine how high can this fly right now. Theaters are adding shows at the last minute here. I have never seen this happening. NEVER.Even fucking Total Recall is doing much better than expected! And Legacy/Expendables 2/Brave are still going strong. Theaters are full this weekend.

Edited by CJohn

August saves 2012 here.Morangos com Açúcar, portuguese movie, will pull one of the top 5 biggest OD of all-time and one of the biggest OW of all-time. I can only imagine how high can this fly right now. Theaters are adding shows at the last minute here. I have never seen this happening. NEVER.Even fucking Total Recall is doing much better than expected! And Legacy/Expendables 2/Brave are still going strong. Theaters are full this weekend.

You should start a Portuguese box office thread.

It is not a big or medium market. It doesn't deserve one. Nobody would have interest in it. I think updates in this thread are enough, but thanks for the support :)

Every market deserves a thread. No matters if one market is big or small. We have threads for each movie and a movie thread dies when its run is over. A market thread will always be alive. And if we have a thread about a certain market we will better know the tastes and what can we expect about future movies. I think it would be very interesting ;)

China holds key to international box office race

31 August, 2012 | By Jeremy Kay

If the sterling performance of The Amazing Spider-Man in China continues through Sunday, the webslinger could end the dominance of The Dark Knight Rises. However the latter — the reigning champion for the past six sessions — also opened in China and it will be a close contest.

Spidey grossed more than $10.6m through Sony Pictures Releasing International from his first two days in China as the overall international running total climbed to more than $450m.

Sony also has Total Recall in play. The sci-fi reboot opens in approximately 19 territories including the UK and will be a contender this weekend.

The Dark Knight Rises has amassed more than $9m in China since it also opened there on Monday and has grossed more than $535m in total through Warner Bros Pictures International.

Universal Pictures International opens The Bourne Legacy in around 14 territories including Russia and Sweden. The thriller has grossed $48m. Moonrise Kingdom on an early $3m opens in Australia and New Zealand.

Ted stands at $160.1m, while ParaNorman on $13.9m opens in Singapore. Savages arrives in Hong Kong.

Paramount Pictures International’s Tadeo Jones opens in Spain. DreamWorks Animation’s Madagascar 3 stands at $337.3m and The Dictator has reached $113.5m.

Fox International’s Ice Age: Continental Drift stood at $668.4m as of Aug 28. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter on $47.2m arrives in Mexico, Spain and South Korea.

The Expendables 2 opens in Germany and Austria. Prometheus on $217m opens in China while The Watch on $4.7m debuts in the UK.

Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International executives reported that Brave has reached $222.9m

Edited by rashad30