Shawn Robbins

Official Friday Est: I FRANK (2.82), RIDE (6.3), LONE (3.6), RYAN (2.6), HUSTLE (1.96), FROZEN (2.1)

The only thing I feel sorry for is Aaron Eckhart. He was pretty good in stuff like Thank You For Smoking, The Dark Knight and Erin Brockovich. I understand every actor wants to be a main character in a franchise, but this was not the right way to do it man.

• Founder / Operator

The only thing I feel sorry for is Aaron Eckhart. He was pretty good in stuff like Thank You For Smoking, The Dark Knight and Erin Brockovich. I understand every actor wants to be a main character in a franchise, but this was not the right way to do it man.

To be fair, some actors aren't as picky about their roles as others. I think it's easy for us to misinterpret that as making bad decisions out of greed (which can be the case sometimes), but there are also plenty of actors that just like to (or need to) work.

• Like 4

What I find really strange these days is the amount of money actors are getting to headline "franchise films".  It's reported that Gal Gadot is getting 300K for three Wonder Woman pictures and that Mickey Rourke got half a mill for IM2 and so on.  These films cost 60-70-100 mill to make and these guys are getting what amounts to peanuts.  When did actors salaries go down that much?  It wasn't like that in the 80's and 90's.  Film budgets are out of control but the amount the pay the actors has seemingly dropped immensely.

To be fair, some actors aren't as picky about their roles as others. I think it's easy for us to misinterpret that as making bad decisions out of greed (which can be the case sometimes), but there are also plenty of actors that just like to (or need to) work.

At least he has London Has Fallen coming. Even if I possibly see a big decrease from the first movie happening. But I saw his IMDb page, and he doesn't have much going on right now.

Edited by CJohn

In other words, Aaron Eckhart doesn't have the luxury of choice. :lol: Edited by aDIM
  • Like 1

What I find really strange these days is the amount of money actors are getting to headline "franchise films".  It's reported that Gal Gadot is getting 300K for three Wonder Woman pictures and that Mickey Rourke got half a mill for IM2 and so on.  These films cost 60-70-100 mill to make and these guys are getting what amounts to peanuts.  When did actors salaries go down that much?  It wasn't like that in the 80's and 90's.  Film budgets are out of control but the amount the pay the actors has seemingly dropped immensely.

That happens in the superhero franchises.

Probably Aaron received a good 3-4M to headline I, Frankenstein. The budget was 70M.

What I find really strange these days is the amount of money actors are getting to headline "franchise films". It's reported that Gal Gadot is getting 300K for three Wonder Woman pictures and that Mickey Rourke got half a mill for IM2 and so on. These films cost 60-70-100 mill to make and these guys are getting what amounts to peanuts. When did actors salaries go down that much? It wasn't like that in the 80's and 90's. Film budgets are out of control but the amount the pay the actors has seemingly dropped immensely.

I think the studios see it like they are doing the actor a favor by casting them and not the other way around.
  • Like 1

That happens in the superhero franchises.

Probably Aaron received a good 3-4M to headline I, Frankenstein. The budget was 70M.

There's no way he was paid that much.  If actors like the ones I mentioned aren't getting more than half a mill for those films, why would the pay Eckhart that much to be in it?

• Like 1

There's no way he was paid that much.  If actors like the ones I mentioned aren't getting more than half a mill for those films, why would the pay Eckhart that much to be in it?

Because Gal Gadot is a nobody and she is lucky to get the Wonder Woman role?

And Marvel is cheap with paychecks. We know that since forever.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

There's no way he was paid that much. If actors like the ones I mentioned aren't getting more than half a mill for those films, why would the pay Eckhart that much to be in it?

Because IF needed a ~star. They would pay Eckhart a couple mil at least based on his past resume. 70m budget is fucking ridiculous.

Because Gal Gadot is a nobody and she is lucky to get the Wonder Woman role?

And Marvel is cheap with paychecks. We know that since forever.

Eckhart is also a nobody.  He has never headlined a film.  They could have gotten anyone to play that role and it wouldn't cost them 3-4 mill, unless it was one of the majors, who would never be in a film like this.  My guess is Eckhart got maybe half a mill to do it.

Shit, B go for it!  I won't get pissed.  I can see why some would like this un-ironically.

I didn't mean that in a serious way.  I think we have pretty similar taste in film.  I just mean that because you hated it so much it will be fun to see it just to see if it's really that bad.