spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

I remember when you said that because I was with you.  I was tempering my expectations because of the fact that family audiences had not been starved.   The Lorax made what it made because there hadn't been shit in almost 3 months I think.

Also, everyone was claiming this was too "kiddie" and didn't appeal to anyone beyond "8 year-old boys."

Oh about half of my audience were 17+ males and their friends, there were a lot of kids to, but it appealed to all ages.

And I'm thinking...if lorax opened to 70m...and had a 3x multi...where will this go? The response is miles above that film.And yeah, even a week ago no one was saying this film will do 200m (pardon me if anyone was, good job). Now...it might sail right past it.Granted, it might not, but well see. It certainly has the potential to have a huge opening AND great legs.

At this point, the sky is really the limit on this one.  I just want to enjoy the ride the whole way up because it deserves every penny it makes.

• Like 2

While checking out the 2014 release schedule, I just found out of this movie's existence

Posted Image

Opening on May 9 and has the likes of Lea Michelle, Martin Short, Kelsey Grammar in the voice cast. So there's at least one animated movie each month except August and December

Edited by forg

Watch this somehow outgross Dragon 2. Crazier things have happened.

(Probably won't, but, ya never know.)

It's always those movies that you never suspect!

I mean everyone, including myself, pretty much had DM2 being the highest grossing animated movie of the year. 

We were almost right.

• Like 2

It's always those movies that you never suspect!I mean everyone, including myself, pretty much had DM2 being the highest grossing animated movie of the year. We were almost right.

I didn't think DM2 would win...I thought it would be MU would have never guessed Frozen though Edited by 23IsEverywhere

Friday Box Office: Now official #1 'The Lego Movie' (Warner Bros - 3775 runs) opens huge heading to $16.5M today and $60M-$70M weekend.

Friday Box Office: My sources say #2 'Monuments Men' (Sony - 3083 runs) opens with $7.3M today for what should be respectable $22+M weekend.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1