spizzer

Wednesday #s | RC 2.8M | Lego 2.18M | MM 1.45M | RA 430K | TAM 322K | FRZ 308K |

I don't understand how 10% is not significant.  If films were hit by 10% then that means the weather did some damage (it likely hurt Tuesday evening business as well).  

RoboCop's figure, on the other hand, is underwhelming regardless of the weather, but not to surprising, given that there was little awareness for a Wednesday release to begin with, and the fact that it was probably being a little overpredicted anyway.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I don't understand how 10% is not significant.  If films were hit by 10% then that means the weather did some damage (it likely hurt Tuesday evening business as well).  

RoboCop's figure, on the other hand, is underwhelming regardless of the weather, but not to surprising, given that there was little awareness for a Wednesday release to begin with, and the fact that it was probably being a little overpredicted anyway.

Agreed with every word. We shouldn't write off the weather completely, but we also shouldn't look past the fact that RoboCop was a prime contender to disappoint from the get-go.

Agreed with every word. We shouldn't write off the weather completely, but we also shouldn't look past the fact that RoboCop was a prime contender to disappoint from the get-go.

Yeah. I would have thought Robocop would have pulled in about 4 million OD. And weather didn't cause it lose 1.7 million.