spizzer

Wednesday #s | RC 2.8M | Lego 2.18M | MM 1.45M | RA 430K | TAM 322K | FRZ 308K |

• Founder / Operator

What about Winter's Tale and About Last Night? Any news on that?

Nope, no theater counts yet.

This is off topic, but do we know if studios still take a larger percentage of opening weekend than they do the rest of the run?

I know years ago it was 90% then roughly 55% thereafter.

Does anyone have anything, confirmed?

Yup, studios typically get their biggest piece of the pie from opening weekends. It just depends on the studio, the film, and what kind of deal they have, though. Some take more than others.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

Nope, no theater counts yet.

Yup, studios typically get their biggest piece of the pie from opening weekends. It just depends on the studio, the film, and what kind of deal they have, though. Some take more than others.

Ah, so impossible to tell. I knew it used to be 90% and thats why they spend all the marketing budget before and not after.

Still makes it impossible to work out a films success.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Ah, so impossible to tell. I knew it used to be 90% and thats why they spend all the marketing budget before and not after.

Still makes it impossible to work out a films success.

Very true. That's why the general assumption is usually that studios earn about 50% of the domestic gross, and bit less (~40%) from overseas markets.

It's kinda like the inflation argument: we can make very loose extrapolations, but Hollywood's never going to let us know exactly. :(

At this point, RoboCop's going to be at like 4M before the weekend.  I think we're looking at low-mid 20s at best for the 4-day, so it could fail to crack 30M for the 6-day.  Tele's club is alive and well IMO.

• Like 1