Ezen Baklattan

BOF's Top 25 Funniest Movies of All Time (NEW DEADLINE: 3/14 @ 6PM ET)

Here are my choicesHis Girl FridayGroundhog DayMidnight RunMeet the ParentsAirplaneMy Cousin VinnyTeam America, World PolicePorkyA Fish Called WandaLove ActuallyThe HolidayWhat about BobThere's Something about MaryHappy GilmoreNaked GunRoxanneYoung FrankensteinHigh AniextyThe WaterboyStripesRushmoreOld SchoolAnchormanThe HangoverAmerican PieWedding CrashersThe 40 Year Old VirginPlanes Trains and AutomobilesUncle BuckKentucky Fried MovieScary MovieIt happened one nightBlazing SaddlesHarveyAnimal HouseHappy GilmoreAs Good as it GetsGhostbustersOne Flew over the Cuckoos NestAnger ManagementMad Mad Mad WorldBeetlejuiceFargoThe Court JesterCaddyshackMonty Python and the Holy GrailThe Sure ThingSilver StreakStir CrazyMrs DoubtfireThe ProducersWhen Harry Met SallyFast Times at Ridgemont HighSuperbadAirplane!Shaun of the DeadHot FuzzIn BrugesSouth Park: Bigger, Longer and UncutElfOffice SpaceBad SantaZoolanderThe Big Lebowski

Edited by Lazer
  • Like 1

Hmmm.

Anchorman 

The Blues Brothers

In the Loop

Superbad

Airplane!

The Naked Gun

Blazing Saddles

Hot Fuzz

Withnail & I

The Hangover

In Bruges

South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

Elf

Office Space

Evil Dead II

Bad Santa

Zoolander

The Big Lebowski

Groundhog Day

• Like 1

So impossibly hard to narrow this down to just 25... but here it be:1) South Park2) Mike Bassett England Manager3) Men in Black4) Team America World Police5) Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey

6) There’s Something About Mary7) Shrek 28) Galaxy Quest9) Toy Story 210) Ghostbusters 2

11) Crocodile Dundee 212) Eurotrip13) Tropic Thunder14) Red 215) Who Framed Roger Rabbit

16) Coming to America17) Old School18) Groundhog Day19) Love Actually20) Crocodile Dundee

21) Life of Brian22) Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure23) Dodgeball24) Dogma25) Notting Hill

• Like 1

Other films on my radar would be: Porky'sPorky's IIBoratBeverly Hills Cop 1,2Weird ScienceFast Times at Ridgemont HighA Fish Called WandaSouth ParkWolf of Wall StreetThe Big LebowskiComing to AmericaSecret AdmirerMy Cousin VinnyThe Sure ThingGoonCity SlickersWhen Harry Met SallyChristmas VacationClerksThis is the EndKnocked UpFerris Bueller's Day OffAnchormanOffice SpaceHangover Animal HouseGroundhog DayStripesAmerican PieZoolanderWedding CrashersSwingersWaitingDogmaJay and Silent Bob Strike BackMr. DeedsHappy GilmoreGrown UpsBig DaddyThere's Something About MaryHome AloneScary MovieNaked GunPlanes Trains and AutomobilesGhostbustersAnimal HouseLiar LiarAce Ventura IIRole ModelsMonty Python and the Holy GrailHarold and Kumar go to Guantanamo Bay40 Year old VirginDumb and DumberDodgeballOld SchoolThe Wild LifeSixteen Candles

Great list and it reminds me of ones I missedBeverly Hills cops 1 and 2. But then I have to add in trading places and 48 hours???Coming to AmericaHave to review the Chevy Chase vacation movies as some would be on my list. Vacation and Vegas vacation for startersBig DaddyHome aloneBoth Harold and Kumar MoviesOld schoolSixteen candles so I have to add in breakfast clubDodgeballDogmaNow high fidelity n bad boys just popped into my headSo great. Now I am up to 80 qualities comedies, which means I need a top 100. Edited by Lazer
  • Like 1

I can see this is going to be impossible.  I think I can come up with half of the 25 just from the cast/writers of the original Saturday Night Live.  

Belushi - Animal House, Blues Brothers, (HM Neighbors)

Aykroyd - Ghost Busters, Trading Places, Blues Brothers

Murray - Groundhog Day, Stripes, Caddyshack

Chase - Caddyshack, Fletch, N.L. Vacation, ( HM Foul Play )

I can see this is going to be impossible. I think I can come up with half of the 25 just from the cast/writers of the original Saturday Night Live. Belushi - Animal House, Blues Brothers, (HM Neighbors)Aykroyd - Ghost Busters, Trading Places, Blues BrothersMurray - Groundhog Day, Stripes, CaddyshackChase - Caddyshack, Fletch, N.L. Vacation, ( HM Foul Play )

O my god I love foul play. And the scenes with Dudley Moore. Lol. There was another Goldie Hahn movie with Chevy chase that I loved. Very funny. Seems like old times.And damn it, I forgot pulp fiction. Getting very close to 100. Can't seem to go down the more the think. Edited by Lazer

[*]Anchorman - The Legend of Ron Burgundy 

[*]Dumb and Dumber 

[*]Reefer Madness

[*]Blazing Saddles

[*]Elf

[*]Tommy Boy

[*]DodgeBall - A True Underdog Story

[*]Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

[*]Being John Malkovich

[*]Coming to America 

[*]Young Frankenstein

[*]Harold (it's about a kid with male pattern baldness) 

[*]The Muppet Movie 

[*]Aladdin

[*]Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

[*]Old School

[*]Spaceballs

[*]Billy Madison

[*]Anchorman: The Legend Continues

[*]The Hangover

[*]Monty Python and the Holy Grail

[*]Finding Nemo

[*]Toy Story 2 

[*]Liar Liar 

[*]The LEGO Movie 

Here's 25. Do we also have to rank them?His Girl FridayGroundhog DayMeet the ParentsAirplaneMy Cousin VinnyTeam America World PoliceThere's Something about MaryNaked GunThe WaterboyStripesAnchormanWedding CrashersPlanes Trains and AutomobilesScary MovieIt happened one nightBlazing SaddlesAnimal HouseOne Flew over the Cuckoos NestThe Court JesterThe Sure ThingStir CrazyHot FuzzOffice SpaceBeverly Hills copTrading PlacesFoul Play

Here's 25. Do we also have to rank them?His Girl FridayGroundhog DayMeet the ParentsAirplaneMy Cousin VinnyTeam America World PoliceThere's Something about MaryNaked GunThe WaterboyStripesAnchormanWedding CrashersPlanes Trains and AutomobilesScary MovieIt happened one nightBlazing SaddlesAnimal HouseOne Flew over the Cuckoos NestThe Court JesterThe Sure ThingStir CrazyHot FuzzOffice SpaceBeverly Hills copTrading PlacesFoul Play

Yes, please.

Yes, please.

Hopefully I can get to this by Friday?If anyone wants to rank these for me, I would appreciate it, as they are clearly the 25 funniest movies ever made, and will be the only ones on the top 25 funniest movies ever list. If I am wrong, tell me which movies shouldn't be there, and I will consider replacing them with one of my 10 backups.

Here goes my first draft try, splitting them into Top, Middle and Bottom 25, since this is hard!

His Girl Friday - Top
Groundhog Day - Top
Meet the Parents - Top
Airplane - Middle
My Cousin Vinny - Top
Team America World Police - Middle
There's Something about Mary - Middle
Naked Gun - Bottom
The Waterboy - Top
Stripes - Bottom
Anchorman - Middle
Wedding Crashers - Top
Planes Trains and Automobiles - Bottom
Scary Movie - Bottom
It happened one night - Bottom
Blazing Saddles - Bottom
Animal House - Top
One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest - Bottom
The Court Jester - Bottom
The Sure Thing - Middle, Maybe Top
Stir Crazy - Middle
Hot Fuzz - Middle
Office Space - Middle
Beverly Hills Cop - Middle
Trading Places - Middle, Maybe Top
Foul Play - Top

Edited by Lazer

I'm finally going to participate in a list for once (what a shock).

1. Young Frankenstein

2. Caddyshack

3. Blazing Saddles

4. Ghostbusters

5. Stripes

6. Duck Soup

7. A Day At The Races

8. Groundhogs Day

9. Tommy Boy

10. Stripes

11. The Mask

12. Hot Fuzz