Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: The Lego Movie - 31.5M | 3 Days to Kill - 12.3M | Pompeii - 10M

Gravity just looks bad on anything short of an IMAX screen. The movie is a true "See it on the largest screen possible" event. Case in point, In-flight movie "Gravity"

Posted Image

I don't know, I was blown away by it on a fairly small theater screen. Only one iMax in Sweden, and it doesn't play regular feature films.

Gravity just looks bad on anything short of an IMAX screen. The movie is a true "See it on the largest screen possible" event. Case in point, In-flight movie "Gravity"

Posted Image

I watched it again in HD on a 46 inch TV.

It was possibly the most disappointing film experience ever. You either watch it on the big screen or you don't, because if you watch it at home the films flaws become much more apparent.

Posted Image

You should have asked the pilot to go into a nose dive. It would have made the experience a little more real.
  • Like 1

I loved it on a non-imax screen but yeah, for movies like Gravity screen size matters more than it does for other movies.

My friend saw Avatar on an iPhone and said "even the special effects were not good".

I told him "but you watched it on an iPhone!"

He said "So?"

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

I just got into a debate with a southern hick on twitter about the confederate flag.  I don't even know why I am even trying when all he says is that it represents Southern Heritage, and that the confederates fought for southern heritage.  Sometimes it sucks knowing history because it's so disgusting when people are totally, completely, and ignorantly wrong.

• Like 7

I just got into a debate with a southern hick on twitter about the confederate flag.  I don't even know why I am even trying when all he says is that it represents Southern Heritage, and that the confederates fought for southern heritage.  Sometimes it sucks knowing history because it's so disgusting when people are totally, completely, and ignorantly wrong.

Ask him to look at post-civil war constitutional amendments - #13, #14 and #15. That'll give him a good idea of what "heritage" meant.

• Like 2