MrPink

The Box Office Knight Rises (PAGE 17, FINAL PART UP, BONUS SPECIAL UPDATED 08/06/2014)

Welcome to part 2 of the Box Office Knight Rises. This was actually very difficult to adapt because this part, there's not much going on, and there's not really a ton of good stopping points that fit my usual story lengths. But hopefully you find it enjoyable even if all the biggest stuff hasn't quite gone down yet. As usual, likes, comments, and suggestions are always appreciated. From here on out, it'll be every Sunday for an update.

PART 2

It’s day time. #ED, rookie mod is investigating a banned member. He’s with his partner, MrPink. He’s somehow moved from investigating the water supply to #ED’s partner. He has one-two lines in the film. The banned member washed up in the Guardians of the Galaxy thread. This isn’t the first to show up. Why? I mean, Hooked on a Feeling is a great song. Chris Pratt is the man. So what’s going on in the thread?

BobbyJohn: They show up here a couple of times a month. More when it’s around a Marvel release. We haven’t done anything else besides that, he’s here as is.

#ED examines the poster. He recognizes him. It’s Mulder.

MrPink: What?

#ED: His name’s Mulder. He’s from the Godzilla thread. It’s a thread where some cope with the legendary bad legs of the film, I coach some people there.

#ED is now at the Godzilla thread. He’s visiting Mulder’s little brother, Jack Nevada. He doesn’t like Godzilla but since he has nowhere else to go, he’s stuck there with the others. He got in trouble for watching too many Von Trier films. I mean, seriously, dude, stop watching those things. They’re weird. Before he can get there though, first he must visit Spaghetti, who nurses these poor posters.

Spaghetti: Mulder hadn’t been here for weeks.

#ED: Why?

Spaghetti: #ED, you know why. We don’t have the resources to keep older posters here after the opening weekend.

#ED: Yeah but I thought the ShawnMR foundation provided funding.

Spaghetti: Not for the past couple of years.

#ED: Well he has a brother, right?

Spaghetti: JackNevada. I’ll tell him.

#ED: I’d like to, if that’s ok.

#ED meets up with Jack Nevada. He’s curiously posting Zack Galifinakis and Bat logo pics everywhere.

#ED: Do you know what he’s been doing in the Guardians of the Galaxy thread?

Jack Nevada: Lots of people going there when people leave this thread. They say there’s a lot of likes and work there.

#ED: What kind of work are you going to find there?

Jack Nevada: More than you can find here I guess.

#ED: So you know about him?

Jack Nevada: Of course. Do you think he’s coming back?

#ED: I don’t know.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It’s night time. Sam has pretty much made RedDevil18 her boy toy. She takes him to a seedy thread, the Pacific Rim thread where David Brennan awaits.

David Brennan: You brought a date?

Sam: I like someone around to make posts with me. IP address, no partials.

David Brennan examines the IP address. It seems to look good.

David Brennan: Very nice.

Sam: Not so fast, handsome. You got something for me?

David Brennan: Oh yes.

He motions for the other posters to seal off the thread. Sam smiles, and laughs a bit.

Sam: I don’t know what you’re planning to do with ShawnMR’s IP address, but I’m guessing you’ll need his MAC address as well. You don’t notice too well, huh?

David Brennan: I notice just fine. But I’m going to count to 10 right now…

A poster begins to threaten Sam with a banning weapon.

Sam: Ok.

She begins to message her friend but the henchman takes away her messaging device.

Sam: My friend’s outside, just hit send.

Ddddeeee walks in.

Ddddeeee: This thread is a little dead.

Sam: It’ll liven up in a minute. Trust me.

Sam hands David Brennan the MAC address.

Ddddeeee: Is everything okay?

Sam: Great. Catch you later.

Ddddeeee leaves. ‘She’ knows something is up but she trusts Sam’s judgment.

Sam: It would have been a lot easier if you just gave me what was agreed.

David Brennan: We can’t have loose ends. And even with that avatar, nobody’s gonna miss you.

Sam: No, but my friend over there? Every mod in the forum here is missing him.

David Brennan: That’s cute. But they’re not gonna be looking in an old thread like this.

Sam: I don’t know, you did just use his messaging app.

David Brennan is suddenly alerted to the mod’s presence but Sam suddenly springs into action and takes out the poster behind her and then she focuses her attention on David Brennan. She knocks away his banning weapon and beats him down. She takes his weapon and fires at one of his henchmen. In the process, RedDevil18 is also hit, but not directly. The mods bust through into the thread and Sam begins wailing hysterically to act like a bystander.

Sam: Let me out! PLEASE! PLEASE!

Sam stops once the SWAT continue on to chase down David Brennan and his henchmen. Sam goes to Reddevil18 and briefly comforts him.

Sam: Don’t get into too much trouble, sweetheart.

Reddevil18: Message me…?

Sam makes it outside the thread where she runs into #ED.

#ED: You okay, miss?

Sam: He’s inside the thread! You gotta help him!

#ED goes inside and finds RedDevil18, in a rough state.

#ED: I’ve got the Congressman.

#ED joins the mods outside but they’re under heavy fire. He ducks and takes cover. A SWAT member tries to pursue forward but before he can do so he is shot by a sniper with a banning weapon. It’s ChD, BKB’s henchman! He takes out a few more mods before more arrive. ChD notices that the other henchmen are able to get away and he preps his exit. Redfirebird arrives at the crime scene and begins pursuit.

Redfirebird: It looks like they’ve gone underground into the secret subsections of the forum! Get the DWP down here! (I don’t know what DWP means). You three, down with me! You two, you go down and cover the next exit.

Redfirebird climbs down along with the other SWAT. There’s nothing there and it’s dark. They continue on. Above, Neo is also there with #ED.

#ED: What, they went down there?

The SWAT cover Redfirebird from behind as Redfirebird looks forward. Suddenly one of the assailants shoots one of the SWAT from behind. Redfirebird breaks to cover and then a banning grenade goes off, taking out the remaining two SWAT. Up above, the explosion startles Neo and #ED. Redfirebird has no choice to go on but before he can do so, he’s knocked out by two of BKB’s henchmen. #ED observes down there but wonders why no one is taking action.

#ED: We’re gonna go down there, right?

Mod: That was a malfunctioning explosion, kid.

#ED: What explosion, it’s a secret underground network.

Neo: No one goes in there till we know what’s down there.

#ED: We know what’s down there, the commissioner.

Neo: Someone get this hothead out of here! And where’s that DWP guy?

#ED is like, “WTF?” He thinks about it for a second and remembers the Guardians of the Galaxy thread. He scurries off to go there immediately.

----------------------------------------------------------

BKB’s henchmen are dragging along Redfirebird. He’s barely awake but he notices that there’s a ton of work being done down here. What the hell are all these people doing? They approach BKB. His back is turned to them. Imposing as hell.

BKB: Why are you here?

AC Slater: Answer him!

BKB: I was asking you.

AC Slater: It’s the mod commissioner.

BKB: And you brought him down here?

AC Slater: We didn’t know what to do…

BKB: You panicked and your weakness has cost the lives of three posters.

AC Slater: But he was alone…!

BKB begins to slowly ban the life out of AC Slater. He turns his attention to AJG.

BKB: Search him, and then I will ban you.

AJG searches Redfirebird. He finds a private message regarding Numbers. Because it’s totally smart to keep that with you. As BKB reads the message, Redfirebird takes this opportunity to roll away into a link that will take him outside the Guardians of the Galaxy thread. The other posters fire at him but they’re only to graze Redfirebird and wound him. AJG turns to BKB.

AJG: He’s banned.

BKB: So show me his profile.

AJG: The link flows to any one of the threads. We’ll never find him.

ChD hands BKB a tracking device. He attaches it to AJG.

BKB: Follow him.

AJG: Follow him?

BKB bans him and sends him down the link as well. Outside the Guardians of the Galaxy thread, #ED has arrived and finds Redfirebird unconscious. He’s not banned, thankfully.

--------------------------------------------------------

Accursed Arachnid gets a notice at the DC Movieverse thread. He opens it up to find #ED staring directly at him. He has no idea who he is, but of course, he cannot refuse a mod.

#ED: I need to see ShawnMR.

Accursed Arachnid: I’m sorry, MisterShawn does not take unscheduled appointments. Even from a mod.

#ED: And if I go get a warrant for the investigation of Numbers’ banning? That still count as unscheduled?

Accursed Arachnid completely keels over and just lets him in. ShawnMR goes out to see him.

ShawnMR: What can I do for you?

#ED: Commissioner Redfirebird’s been shot. He chased someone into the underground network. When I pulled him he was babbling about an underground Marvel movement. He mentioned someone called BKB, even though nobody mentioned him by name.

ShawnMR: Shouldn’t you be telling this to your superior officers?

#ED: They asked me if I saw any Twilight fans down there and laughed me off. He needs you. He needs the BoxOfficeMan.

ShawnMR: Commissioner Redfirebird thinks…

#ED: Oh he doesn’t know or care who you are. But we’ve met before. It was a long time ago. Over a year. I was like a kid. Uh, it was in the Godzilla thread.  Used to be funded by the ShawnMR Foundation. My parents were banned when I was small. My mom was banned in an accident. My dad was banned over a gambling incident a couple months later. And I remember that one just fine. Not a lot of people know what it feels like, do they?

ShawnMR just looks on, trying to deny it.

#ED: To be angry…in your bones. I mean, they understand.  Everybody understands. For a while. And then they want the angry kid to do something he knows he can’t do. Move on.  So after a while, they stop understanding.  They send the angry kid to the Godzilla thread. I figured it out too late. You got to learn to hide the anger. It’s like putting on an avatar. So you showed up one day in this cool app. Pretty girl with you. We were so excited. ShawnMR? Billionaire? I mean, we used to make up stories about you. Legends. And you know, with the other kids, that’s all it was. It was just stories but right when I saw you…I really knew who you were.  I’d seen that look on your avatar before. It was the same look that I taught myself. I don’t know why you took the fall for Numbers’ banning but I’m still a believer in the BoxOfficeMan. Even if you’re not.

ShawnMR: Why did you say the Godzilla thread used to be funded by the ShawnMR foundation?

#ED: Because the likes stopped.  Might be time to start paying attention to the details. Some of those details might need your help.

#ED leaves and ShawnMR goes to Accursed Arachnid.

ShawnMR: You check that name, BKB?

Accursed Arachnid: He’s a mercenary.  No other known names. Him and his men were behind a coup on SuperHeroHype that secured operations for our friend, Noctis.

ShawnMR: And now Noctis has brought him here?

Accursed Arachnid: So it seems.  I’ll keep digging.

ShawnMR: Yeah. Arachnid, why did the ShawnMR foundation stop funding threads on the forums?

Accursed Arachnid: The foundation is funded by the profits of BoxOffice Enterprises. There have to be some.

ShawnMR: Time to talk to Mr. RTH, I think.

Accursed Arachnid: I’ll give him a message.

ShawnMR: No, do we still have any transportation apps lying around?

Accursed Arachnid: Yes, one or two.

ShawnMR: I also need an appointment to have me checked out by a doctor.

Accursed Arachnid: Which thread do you want to go?

ShawnMR: Whichever one Redfirebird is at!

---------------------------------------------------------

ShawnMR is at one of the help threads. He’s visiting a doctor, Doctor Crusader.

Crusader: I’ve seen worse damage to your profile.

ShawnMR: That’s good.

Crusader: No, that’s because there’s whole chunks of your profile missing. Between that and the various damage to you, I would not recommend thread jumping on the forums.

ShawnMR: Right.

Crusader walks out and then ShawnMR descends a thread down to Redfirebird. Secretly. Redfirebird is badly wounded. He’s barely able to talk.

Redfirebird: We were in this together….and then you were gone.

ShawnMR: The BoxOfficeMan wasn’t needed anymore. We won.

Redfirebird: Based on a lie. And now there’s evil rising from where we tried to bury it. The

BoxOfficeMan has to come back.

ShawnMR: What if he doesn’t exist anymore?

Redfirebird: He must….he must.

ShawnMR goes off to track Sam’s whereabouts. Sam is prepping to go to a party when she hears a commotion outside.

Holcs: You took my likes…you took my god damn likes didn’t you?

Ddddeeee: No I…

Holcs is about to attack ddddeeee but then Sam snatches him.

Sam: Get out.

Holcs: She took my….ahhh!

Sam increases the pressure.

Sam: Now.

Holcs leaves, cursing up a storm.

Ddddeeee: I don’t know what he’s so upset about, there’s only sixty likes here.

Sam: Probably the signature.

She shows the signature she stole off Holcs and tosses it to ddddeeee. She laughs. Sam leaves her thread and then ShawnMR follows. She’s heading to Fishnets’ charity event, and ShawnMR is ready to confront her. Something’s not right, and he knows it. Maybe it’s all connected. He's not one for public viewings anymore but he'll have to sacrifice that. The urge within him was rising. The urge to be BoxOfficeMan.

TO BE CONTINUED

• Like 19

Another great part Pink.  B)

You say this, but not even a like. I know what's really happening Empire.

This one really was a tough one to write, and I say that half the time. But the 18-33 minute mark of TDKR doesn't really work as a singular part. But I couldn't stretch it any further. Could have done the charity event but that would have stretched on too long before GoT started. :ph34r:

Well, at least I didn't die...

Anyway, Shawn needs to get his avatar back once the story is over. Great chapter, Pink.

I say at least he brings it back for 5-6 weeks once I get to the Stock Exchange.

Then after I finish it, #ED takes the avatar. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Working on another special. Taking a bit long since I want to be near-perfect with the casting. Plus I have to transcribe from a youtube video which takes a while. But I think I should have it set by the end of the weekend.

• Like 4

Working on another special. Taking a bit long since I want to be near-perfect with the casting. Plus I have to transcribe from a youtube video which takes a while. But I think I should have it set by the end of the weekend.

I hope I am in it  :)

Edited by Jesus of Suburbia
  • Like 1

Depends. There's a handful of roles I need to cast and they have particular requirements. Not sure you fit into any one of them that well.

: ( I guess your cut from my story  :P

Nah I am just kidding, you are my story. But you are being only being  called "Numbers"