MrPink

The Box Office Knight Rises (PAGE 17, FINAL PART UP, BONUS SPECIAL UPDATED 08/06/2014)

I'm not sure what I can't wait to see more: the end of the trilogy or numbers promised lotr one.

I don't think I could do all of what Pink does. It's a lot of stuff to keep straight. Nah I'd just do stuff like that for kicks to help liven up the thread.

I don't think I could do all of what Pink does. It's a lot of stuff to keep straight. Nah I'd just do stuff like that for kicks to help liven up the thread.

If you do LotR you have to make them extended editions.

• Like 4

Welcome to Part 1 of The Box Office Knight Rises. I've been excited to move on to this as it's always nice to move on to new characters.  With this, we are introduced to BKB and some other posters that I hope you will find entertaining. Again, it'll be a mostly weekly thing until it's completely, roughly around 10 parts. I will keep it within this thread instead of making a new one, I hope you all don't mind. I hope we can pick up some new readers and those who've been with me since the beginning, I hope you all enjoy it as well. For now, likes, comments, suggestions are always appreciated.

The Box Office Knight Rises

It’s 8 months ago. The funeral of Numbers. Redfirebird is making a grand speech for him in front of the posters of Box Office. His presence will be missed, but going forward, he will be a martyr.

Redfirebird: I knew Numbers. I was his friend. And it will be a very long time before someone inspires us the way he did. I believed in Numbers.

It’s an undisclosed website. Mercenary posters including ChD are making their way to the meeting spot with Box Office Mods. With them is Jay Hollywood. Representing the mods is CJohn as he waits with his crew. Along with ChD and Jay Hollywood are three unidentified posters. Their avatars are blank to make them anonymous.

CJohn: Jay Hollywood, I’m CJohn.

ChD: He wasn’t alone.

CJohn: Uh…you don’t get to bring friends.

Jay Hollywood: They are not my friends.

ChD: Don’t worry, no charge for them.

CJohn: And why would I want them?

ChD: They were trying to take your prize…they worked for the mercenary. The Bold Font Man.

CJohn: BKB? Get him on board, I’ll call it in.

The mercenaries load the posters on, and CJohn boards to report who they collected. They get on an app and begin to make their way to Box Office Forums. They begin rounding up the posters and prepare for interrogation.

CJohn: The app plan that I just filed with the mods lists me, my men, and Jay Hollywood here, but only ONE of YOU! First one to talk, gets to stay on my app!

They grab the first poster and threaten to toss him off the app which will result in prompt deletion and banning.

CJohn: Who paid you to grab Jay Hollywood?

No response.

They fire their banning weapons to threaten them, with the posters unable to see what’s going on.

CJohn: He didn’t fly so good! Who wants to go next?

They grab another and begin to threaten him.

CJohn: TELL ME ABOUT BKB. WHY DOES HE POST IN BOLD?!

No response.

CJohn: A lot of loyalty for a hired poster!

BKB: Well perhaps he’s wondering why you would ban someone….before throwing them out of an app.

They close off the app and CJohn turns his attention to the new voice.

CJohn: Well at least you can talk…who are you?

BKB: It doesn’t matter who we are…what matters is our plan.

CJohn removes the blank avatar. It reveals BKB.

BKB: No one cared who I was till I typed in bold…

CJohn: If I turn off the bold, will you be banned?

BKB: It would be extremely painful…

CJohn: You’re a big guy.

BKB: For you.

CJohn: Was getting caught part of your plan?

BKB: OF CAWRSH!

As the app continues to head back towards Box Office, a bigger, larger app appears above it.

BKB: Jay Hollywood refused our offer in favor of yours, we had to find out what he told you.

Jay Hollywood: Nothing! I said nothing!

As the large app goes directly above the other app, CJohn’s app begins to experience some mild issues. The mods begin to look uneasy.

CJohn: Well you got yourself caught! Now what’s the next step in your master plan?

BKB: Crashing this app…

Suddenly Marvelites from the large app descend upon the Box Office app.

BKB: WITH NO SURVIVORS.

Marvelites surround the app and begin firing at CJohn’s personnel. Several are banned immediately. BKB takes out CJohn with ease through brute force of his boldness. CJohn squeals as he’s knocked out. The Marvelites attach the app to the larger app and prep to break into the app. BKB sets himself as the Marvelites tear open the app and break in. They ban any remaining mods. The Marvelites bring in a banned poster also with an avatar of Jeff Goldblum. They begin transferring some of Jay Hollywood’s profile details to him so they can make it look like Jay Hollywood is banned.

Jay Hollywood: AHHHHH! AHHHHH!

One of the Marvelites begins to prep for extraction. BKB waves him off.

BKB: NO! They expect one of us in the crash report, sister.

Talkie: Have we started the Phase One?

BKB: Yes…the Marvel rises.

BKB attaches himself to Jay Hollywood as Talkie watches in awe at her fearless leader. Jay Hollywood continues to yell in fear.

BKB: Calm down Jay Hollywood, now’s not the time for fear. That comes later.

They detach themselves from the app and CJohn’s app plummets and crashes. Goodbye CJohn. BKB and Jay Hollywood begin to make their way to their own app. Now, Phase One begins. Box Office Forums will never be the same…wait till they get a load of BKB.

----------------------------------------------------

It’s about 8 months since the banning of Numbers. For these 8 months, peace has finally come, but the Summer is about to begin where drama always ensues. They celebrate the 8 month passing of Numbers.

Riczhang: Numbers Day may not be our oldest public holiday. But we’re here tonight because it’s one of our most important. Numbers’ uncompromising stand against trolls made Box Office a safer place than it was at the time of his banning eight months ago. This forum has seen a historic turnaround. No forum is without trolls. But this forum is without organized trolls because the Numbers act gave mods teeth. Now some people have talked about repealing the Numbers Act to which I say…not on my watch.

A poster is helping post the party. She walks by Noctis who gives her a brief and knowing look.

Riczhang: This party is hosted by Mr. ShawnMR, I’m told he couldn’t be here tonight, I’m sure he’s with us in spirit. And now I’m going to give way to an important voice…

Three posters are standing there, observing Riczhang’s speech. First up is Redfirebird, as he prepares for his speech. Next to him is Reddevil18, one of the politicians of Box Office Forums and then Neo, one of Redfirebird’s most trusted men.

Reddevil18: Anyone seen Shawn at one of these events?

Neo: He hasn’t been seen in months.

Riczhang continues his speech.

Riczhang: …A thug who showed his true colors when he betrayed this great man’s trust, and banned him in cold blood.

The female poster makes her way past RedDevil18 and Neo once again.

Reddevil18: Sweetheart! Not so fast with the likes!

The female poster hesitantly gives RedDevil18 a like. She walks away.

Riczhang: Redfirebi….let me have him tell you himself about Numbers. Commissioner Redfirebird!

Redfirebird prepares to deliver his speech. He’s wracked with guilt.

Redfirebird: The truth…

Redfirebird begins to reminisce about what happened eight months ago. He briefly envisions Michael Gary Scott being threatened by Numbers.

Redfirebird: I have typed up a speech telling the truth about Numbers. Maybe the time isn’t right. Maybe right now, all you need to know is that there are a thousand banned spammers in the Banned/Suspended thread  as a direct result of the Numbers Act. These are essential posters in the organized troll machine. Maybe for now, all I should say about the banning of Numbers is this…it has not been for nothing.

--------------------------------------------------

The female poster is with a couple others as they continue to serve the party.

Female Poster 1: They say he never leaves the DC Movieverse.

Female Poster 2: I heard he had an accident, that his avatar is disfigured.

Suddenly Accursed Arachnid appears to tell off the posters.

Accursed Arachnid: Why are you posters going near the DC Movieverse area? And where’s the usual helper?

The female poster reveals herself to be Sam and steps in.

Sam: Uh, she’s helping other posters, can I do something?

Accursed Arachnid: The DC Movieverse area. Go to the general discussion thread, leave this for ShawnMR, nothing more.

Accursed Arachnid is now with Fishnets…but she’s going by the alias of Miranda Shitto. Along with her is Noctis, one of the board members of Box Office.

Accursed Arachnid: I’m sorry Ms. Shitto but I’ve tried. He won’t see you.

Noctis: Don’t take it personally, everyone knows that Shawn’s holed up in there with eight inch finger nails and peeing in Mason Jars. It’s very good of you to let me in the area.

Sam enters the DC Movieverse area. She begins to snoop around. Meanwhile Fishnets and Noctis are talking.

Noctis: Why are you wasting your time talking to the man who threw your investment away on some vanity save the forum project?  He can’t help you get your likes back, but I can.

Fishnets: I could try explaining that a save the forum project, vain or not, is worth investing in, but you only understand likes and the power you think it brings. So why waste my time indeed?

Redfirebird is checking in with Neo to make sure everything is going smoothly. Reddevil18 is also still there. Redfirebird is all business, not a hint of joy to be had at these things. Any sense of that was removed after the Numbers ordeal.

Redfirebird: Second shift reports in?

Neo: Shouldn’t you be spending a little more time with the mayor

Redfirebird: That’s your department.

Redfirebird goes back to work. Done with this event.

Reddevil18: Anyone shown him the trolling stats?

Neo: He goes by his gut and it continues to bother him no matter what the numbers.

Reddevil18: Must be popular with his wife.

Neo: Not really, she took the kids and left for Entertainment Weekly.

Reddevil18: He’ll get plenty of time for visits, the mayor is gonna dump him in the Spring.

Neo: Really? But he’s a hero.

Reddevil18: A war hero, this is peace time.

Sam is looking around Shawn’s personal page. She sees pictures of Brandon Gray. Outside the page, a figure approaches. He’s needing spell check for assistance, clearly frail and weak. He looks at the delivery that Sam brought in and notices it’s empty. As Sam looks around suddenly a post zooms right by her scaring the bejesus out of her.

Sam: Sorry! Sorry! I’m so terribly sorry Mr. Shawn. It is Mr. Shawn, isn’t it? Although you don’t have the long nails or the disfigured avatar.

ShawnMR: Is that what they say about me?

Sam: It’s just that no one ever sees you…

ShawnMR: That’s a beautiful avatar. It reminds me of one that belonged to Mrs. Brandon Gray. It can’t be the same one because her avatar is in my personal folder. The person who developed the program clearly explained that it is uncrackable.

Sam (loosening up her timid attitude): Oops. Nobody told me it is uncrackable.

ShawnMR: I’m afraid I can’t let you take that.

Sam: Look, you wouldn’t attack a woman any more than I would attack a cripple.

She suddenly attacks him and knocks down Shawn.

Sam: Of course, sometimes exceptions have to be made.

She prepares to exit the DC Movieverse but she turns around to face Shawn briefly.

Sam: Good night Mr. Shawn.

She escapes and notices Reddevil18 leaving. She approaches him for a quick exit.

Sam: Can I get a ride?

Reddevil18: You read my mind…let’s go.

Accursed Arachnid goes back to ShawnMR and finds him investigating his personal folders. He looks slightly concerned but is not aware of a break-in just yet.

Accursed Arachnid: Miss Shitto was asking to see you again.

ShawnMR: She’s very persistent.

Accursed Arachnid: And quite lovely in case you were wondering.

ShawnMR: I wasn’t.

Accursed Arachnid: What are you doing?

ShawnMR: Examining an IP address…we’ve been hacked.

Accursed Arachnid: And this is your idea of sounding the alarm then.

ShawnMR: She took the avatar, IP tracker and all.

Accursed Arachnid: She?

ShawnMR: One of the helpers. Perhaps you should stop letting them into the DC Movieverse area.

Accursed Arachnid: Perhaps you should start learning to do things on your own. But why were you checking for an IP address?

ShawnMR: I wasn’t….she was.

------------------------------------------------

It’s night time. Redfirebird is at the top of the MCU thread as usual, waiting by the broken Zack Galifinakis signal. It hasn’t been the same since eight years ago. A young mod goes up to him…#ED.

#ED: Sir? Reddevil18’s wife is calling in. Apparently he never made it home after the event?

Redfirebird: That’s a job for the police…?

#ED: When you and Numbers cleaned up the threads, you cleaned em’ good. Pretty soon we’ll be chasing down people for overuse of smilies. And yet here you are, like we’re still at war.

Redfirebird: What’s your name, son?

#ED: Ed, sir.

Redfirebird: You got something you want to ask me Officer #ED?

#ED: It’s about that night, eight months ago. The last known sighting of the Box Office Man. He bans Numbers, takes down two SWAT teams and just…vanishes?

Redfirebird: I’m not hearing a question, #ED.

#ED: Don’t you wanna know who he was?

Redfirebird: I know exactly who he was. He was the BoxOfficeMan.

Redfirebird begins to walk away.

Redfirebird: Let’s go see about Reddevil18’s wife.

-------------------------------------------

Accursed Arachnid is bringing ShawnMR his daily updates for BoxOffice, but when he reaches the DC Movieverse area, he’s not in his usual page. Of course, that means he’s returned to the Bat Cave. The new and improved Bat Cave. Arachnid makes his way there with a glum look. He’s not particularly happy to see him getting back in the investigative mood again. The Bat Cave is more high tech than ever, with more tools and monitors to observe Box Office.

Accursed Arachnid: You haven’t been down here in a long time.

ShawnMR: Trying to find out a little more about our thief. Ran her IP address and unless she hates Chris Evans and posts on IMDB, she was using someone else’s IP address…she’s good.

Accursed Arachnid: She may be, but we have a trace on the avatar.

ShawnMR: We do, so I cross referenced the IP address and location of the avatar with mod data on high end hacks and um…her name is Sam. The database is full of close calls, tips, etc. She’s good but the ground is shrinking beneath her feet.

Accursed Arachnid: We should send the mods before she gets likes for the avatar.

ShawnMR: She won’t, she likes it too much. And they weren’t what she was after.

Accursed Arachnid: And what was she after?

ShawnMR: My IP address. Whatever program she used is untraceable.

Accursed Arachnid: Fascinating, perhaps you two should exchange notes over coffee.

ShawnMR: So now you’re trying to set me up with a hacker.

Accursed Arachnid: At this point, I’d set you up with a chimpanzee if it brought you back to the world.

ShawnMR: There’s nothing out for me.

Accursed Arachnid: And that’s the problem, you hung up the avatar but never moved on. You won’t go out there and find someone…

ShawnMR: Arachnid…I did find someone.

Accursed Arachnid: I know, and you lost her. That’s part of living, sir. And you’re not living. You’re just waiting, hoping for things to go bad again. Remember when you left BoxOfficeMojo? You were gone seven months. Seven months I waited, hoping that you wouldn’t come back. Every year, I took a holiday and I’d go to AwardsDaily. Every fine evening, I’d post there and I had this fantasy. I would look across the thread, and I’d see you there. With a wife, and maybe a couple of kids. You wouldn’t say anything to me. Nor me to you. But we both knew that you had made it. That you were happy. I never wanted you to come back to Box Office. I always knew there was nothing here for you but pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that. I still do.

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 20

Decide if it's months or years dude :P Or is that a subtle nod to TDKR's continuity errors? :ph34r:

Great job, I hope I'm in this ;)

I decided on months because internet time is much more condensed. I think that's fairly consistent with the story when I set it up, because Box Office itself hasn't been around for more than 10-15 years (including Mojo)

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

I decided on months because internet time is much more condensed. I think that's fairly consistent with the story when I set it up, because Box Office itself hasn't been around for more than 10-15 years (including Mojo)

Yeah but in some points it says months and in others years :)