MrPink

The Box Office Knight Rises (PAGE 17, FINAL PART UP, BONUS SPECIAL UPDATED 08/06/2014)

So close to finishing but I've got to take my mom out for mother's day shopping! It'll be up tonight and it will be a long one relatively. Going for a 9 part finish

Do I have a part in this somewhere?  :ph34r:

• Like 2

Sorry for the one week delay but I needed a bit of a break last week and to make up for it, I've covered more of the material for this part. I should be able to complete this in 9 parts, just like BoxOffice Begins. And then we'll be moving on to Rises, likely after Memorial Day weekend. As usual, likes, comments, and suggestions are appreciated.

Part 8

At the help/suggestions threads, it’s pure chaos. Posters are scrambling to get out while mods are trying to help with assisting those in need. Redfirebird tries to evacuate Kowhite in the mean time and as they exit the news thread, they notice a mob of posters waiting outside. Blankments also follows them to try and report the news.

Blankments: Commissioner, do you really think someone would try to….?!

Before he can finish his sentence, a poster attempts to shoot Kowhite with a banning weapon but misses.

Redfirebird: Let’s go around back!

As they exit through the back of the thread, ShawnMR observes as he takes a brief drive by through the thread. He stares at the mob and sees Redfirebird.

ShawnMR: I saw Jawa and Warhorse…

Accursed Arachnid: Nothing on them. No immediate relatives admitted to one of the help threads.

Redfirebird and Kowhite make it to the back of the thread and make their exit. They keep their heads low to avoid any detection.

Kowhite: They’re trying to ban me…!

Redfirebird: Well, maybe BoxOfficeMan will save you *sarcastically*

Mods at the Welcome to BoxOffice Forums are still trying to get all the posters out but they’re swamped.

AndyLL: Pieman, I got space bring him out.

No response.

AndyLL: Pieman?

He decides to head back into the thread. Pieman was supposed to be guarding Numbers. Redfirebird and Kowhite begin getting over to safe territory as they uneasily watch around. Soon Redfirebird receives a PM.

Watch out. Mods with relatives in the help thread, k1stpierre, narniadis.

Back at the Welcome to Box Office thread, AndyLL has returned to Numbers’ only to find a female poster there.

AndyLL: Ma’am, we’re going to need to move him out now. Ma’am?

The poster turns around and reveals himself to be the Telemachos. He bans AndyLL. The Telemachos goes to Numbers and begins to wake him up. As soon as he realizes that Telemachos is there he tries attacking him but he’s restrained. He struggles further but is unable to break free.

Telemachos: Hi….

Redfirebird is in the transport with Kowhite and he realizes that narniadis is one of the mods in there with him.

Redfirebird: It’s narniadis, isn’t it?

Narniadis: Commissioner?

Redfirebird: You okay, son?

Telemachos begins to loosen Dent’s restraints as he begins to talk to him.

Telemachos: I don’t want there to be any hard feelings between us Numbers. When you and…

Numbers: DRAGON.

Telemachos: When you and Dragon were being abducted, I was in Redfirebird’s cage. I didn’t rig those charges…

Numbers: Your men, your plan.

Telemachos: Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I’m  a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do if I got a hold of one! I just do things. The mob has got plans, the cops have got plans, Redfirebird’s got plans. You know, they’re schemers. Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I’m not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are. So, when I say that you and your girlfriend was nothing personal…you know I’m telling the truth.

Back with Redfirebird, ShawnMR catches up to their transport and stops just close by Kowhite and Redfirebird.

Redfirebird: I’m gonna need your banning weapon, son.

Narniadis: Why? Because my wife is in one of the help threads?

Redfirebird: Yeah, that would be why.

Telemachos goes to loosen the other restraint on Numbers.

Telemachos: It’s the schemers who put you where you are. You were a schemer. You had plans. And uh, look where that got you.

Telemachos loosens the other restraint and Numbers begins to attack him but Telemachos restrains him.

Telemachos: I just took your little plan and turned it on itself. Look what I did to this forum with a few programs and some crazy posters.  You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I tell the press that a bunch of trolls or political posters get banned…nobody panics. Because it’s all part of the plan. But when I say that one little mayor of Box Office will be banned, well then everyone loses their mind! Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes chaos. I’m an agent of chaos. Oh and you know the thing about chaos. It’s fair.

Telemachos hands a banning weapon to Numbers to shoot him. Numbers looks at his coin generator and then back at Telemachos.

Numbers: You live. He shows heads, and then he flips to the messed up side. You’re banned.

Telemachos: Mmm now we’re talking.

Numbers flips the coin and looks. The movie cuts back to the intersection however between two threads. The transport begins to move, but so too does another poster’s transport as it tries to t-bone Redfirebird. ShawnMR guns it. Inside, Narniadis begins to lose it.

Narniadis: Mr. Kowhite, I’m sorry…

Redfirebird springs to action and manages to prevent Narniadis from shooting Kowhite, and at the exact same moment, ShawnMR gets in between the poster’s transport and Redfirebird, taking the brunt of the crash. Redfirebird incapacitates Narniadis and goes to check out what happened.

Redfirebird: Yes, it’s Mister ShawnMR isn’t it?

ShawnMR acknowledges him.

Redfirebird: That was a very brave thing you did back there.

ShawnMR: What, trying to catch the weekend thread?

Redfirebird: You mean you weren’t protecting us?

ShawnMR: Why? Who’s in it?

Kowhite walks out of the van. He sees ShawnMR. ShawnMR gives him a little nod.

ShawnMR: Think I should go to one of the help threads and get checked out?

Redfirebird: You don’t watch a whole lot of news, do you Mr. Shawn?

Telemachos is shown leaving the Welcome to Box Office thread. Unharmed. He pulls out a trigger and begins detonation of the thread leading to a permanent deletion. Outside the thread, he basks in the destruction when suddenly it stops. Telemachos turns around and begins to fiddle with the trigger. After tinkering around, the delayed destruction begins anew and Telemachos quickly scurries off into the transport that he and his men have hijacked…Blankments is also there and forced into it. Everybody can hear the explosion, including Redfirebird.

Redfirebird: That’s Welcome to BoxOffice thread. Did you clear the thread?

Radio: Yeah we got it.

The scene cuts to Redfirebird at the Welcome to Box Office thread.

Redfirebird: You must know how many were inside, you’ve got patient lists, roll calls…

BoxOfficeZ: Sir, these transports were heading to other help threads. My guess is that we missed one.

Redfirebird: Yeah? What’s your guess as to where Numbers is? Keep looking  and keep it to yourself. If anybody asks, we got him out. Get the mayor’s office on the line, we’re gonna need the internet police.

--------------------------------------------------

People are watching a news report as they witness the destruction of the Welcome to BoxOffice forum.

Reporter: People are still missing including our own Blankments. We’re now being told that we’re cutting to a video that we have just received.

Blankments is shown being held hostage by Telemachos and reading some cue cards.

Blankments: I’m Blankments, from BoxOffice News. What does it take to make you people join in? You failed to ban Kowhite. I’ve got to get you off the bench and into the game. Come nightfall, this forum is mine. And anybody left here plays by my rules.

As RTH watches, his secretary, LadyEvenstar22 goes up to him.

LadyEvenstar22: Mr. RTH, security is showing a break in at the R&D section.

The video of Blankments continues…

Blankments: If you don’t want to be in the game, get out now. But the lurkers and posters are in for a surprise. Ha ha, ha ha.

Telemachos laughs and cuts off the stream. RTH heads down to R&D where he finds a several monitors. It’s showing an entire archive of the BoxOffice forums. Not just a thread. But an entire forum. The scene cuts to a speakeasy thread, where MovieMan89 is hanging out in with a lone poster who manages the thread, Jim Shorts.

Jim Shorts: Sweet Jesus. Shouldn’t you be out there? You know…doing something?

MovieMan89: Eh it’s my day off.

Jim Shorts: I gotta take a leak, keep an eye out for me, will ya?

He goes off. MovieMan89 hears a noise as he goes to do so.

MovieMan89: Now what, need someone to shake it for ya?

Suddenly Numbers appears.

Numbers: Hello.

MovieMan89: Numbers! Jesus…I thought you was dead!

Numbers: Half.

MovieMan89 notices that he has a banning weapon.

Numbers: Who picked up Dragon, Wuertz?

MovieMan89: It must have been one of Iceroll’s men…

Numbers: SHUT UP.  Are you telling me you’re going to protect the other traitor in Redfirebird’s unit?

MovieMan89: I don’t know, they’d never tell me! Look, I swear I didn’t know what they was gonna do to you.

Numbers: That’s funny. Numbers spins a coin. Because I don’t know what’s going to happen to you either.

It lands…tails. Numbers bans MovieMan89. Back at the R&D division, RTH notices BoxOfficeMan near the monitors.

BoxOfficeMan: Beautiful, isn’t it?

RTH: Beautiful…. unethical….dangerous. You’ve archived an entire forum and poster’s actions.

BoxOfficeMan: An entire archive that allows you to narrow down posters.

RTH: You took my archive concept and applied it to the entire forum. This is wrong.

BoxOfficeMan: I’ve got to find this man, RTH.

RTH: At what cost?

BoxOfficeMan: The database is null-key encrypted. It can only be accessed by one person.

RTH: This is too much power for one person.

BoxOfficeMan: It’s why I gave it to you. Only you can use it.

RTH: Spying on 24,000 people isn’t part of my job description.

BoxOfficeMan: If he makes a post, you can triangulate his position.

RTH: I’ll help you this one time. But consider this my resignation. As long as this device is at BoxOffice Enterprises, I won’t be.

BoxOfficeMan: When you’re finished…type in your name.

-------------------------------------------

Redfirebird and Riczhang are going over the strategy to contain the situation in Riczhang’s office. Redfirebird is clearly overworked.

Redfirebird: My mods are going over every inch of the forums, but with the Telemachos’ threat, quick evacuation is not an option.

Riczhang: Can we evacuate to another forum?

Redfirebird: We’ll be backed up for hours trying to do that. That leaves the ferry apps that can carry about 1000 posters. Plus I’m going to use some of those to get some of the trolls off the island.

Riczhang: The men you and Numbers put away? Those aren’t the people I’m worried about.

Redfirebird: You should be. Whatever Telemachos is planning it’s possible they might be involved.  I want to get em’ out of here.

Riczhang: So where is Numbers?

Redfirebird: We haven’t found him.

Riczhang: Jesus…how long can you keep this quiet?

Iceroll is shown leaving, bailing out of the forums. He gets in a transport.

Iceroll: Don’t stop for posters, mods, nothing.

He realizes Numbers is in there.

Numbers: Going to join your wife?

He nods

Numbers: Do you love her?

Iceroll: Yes.

Numbers: Do you ever wonder what it’d be like to listen to her get banned?

Iceroll: Look, take it up with Telemachos. He banned your woman…he made you….like this.

Numbers: Telemachos is just a mad dog. I wonder who let him off the leash. I took care of MovieMan89, now who’s your other man inside Redfirebird’s unit? Who picked up Dragon? It must have been somebody she trusted.

Iceroll: If I tell you, will you let me go?

Numbers: Can’t hurt your chances.

Iceroll: It was k1stpierrezzzzzzz….(the line delivery is hilarious)

Numbers pulls out his coin generator and cocks his weapon.

Iceroll: But you said…

Numbers: I said it couldn’t hurt you chances.

He flips the coin. It’s heads.

Numbers: You’re a lucky man. He flips again. He’s not.

Iceroll: Who?

Numbers: Your driver.

Numbers protects himself and bans his driver causing the transport to violently crash. Iceroll is banned in the process.

------------------------------------------------

Posters are shown boarding the ferry app. They’re so desperate to get to anywhere, even World of KJ. Trolls are also being transported off the forums to which many posters complain.

DamienRoc: Hey, that ain’t right! We should be on that app!

InternetPolice:  You wanna ride across with them, be my guest.

The ferry apps are loaded, two of them and begin to cross to another website. Suddenly though, the app stops loading. The other app is still going that contains the trolls.

AppFirstMate: They’ve lost their engines.

AppCaptain: Get on the radio and tell em we’ll pick them up once we’ve dumped off the scum bags.

Suddenly their app stops loading too.

AppCaptain: Get down to maintenance and find out what’s going on.

BoxOfficeMan is observing, he listens in and notices something is going on with the chatter.

BoxOfficeMan: RTH, there’s something going on with the ferry apps.

The First Mate goes to maintenance and notices some code that threatens to delete them…along with a trigger.

FirstMate: Captain, there’s some code on the app that’s rigged to delete us. They also left us this…

Captain: Oh my god…

FirstMate: Looks like some kind of detonator.

Captain: Why would they give us the detonator to our own app?

Suddenly Telemachos’ voice can be heard over both apps.

Telemachos: Tonight you’re going to be part of a social experiment.

RTH goes to listen in.

Telemachos: Through the magic of some worms and viruses, I’m ready now to delete you sky high.

The captains try to contact each other but to no avail.

Telemachos: Anyone who attempts to get off their app. You all get banned. Each of you have a remote to blow up the other app.

RTH: The voice is on the ferry app but that’s not the source. There it is! BoxOfficeDiscussion!

BoxOfficeMan rides off on the new mobile app in that direction. He calls Redfirebird.

Redfirebird: Redfirebird.

BoxOfficeMan: I have Telemachos’ location. Mad Max: Fury Road thread. Assemble in the thread opposite.

Telemachos: At midnight, I blow you all up. If however, one of you presses the button, I let one of you live. So whose it going to be? The trolls and scumbags of BoxOffice, or the sweet and innocent posters? You choose. Oh and you might want to decide quickly, because the people on the other app may not be quite so noble.

He cuts off and immediately everybody goes into a frenzy in both apps. Lilmac tries to calm things down in the normal poster app.

Lilmac: Stay back…

Empire, one of the posters begins to stand up.

Empire: Wait, who are you to decide? We ought to talk it over, at least…

Tauriel: We shouldn’t have to be banned. Those men had their chance!

Lilmac: We are not talking about this…

Empire: WELL WHY AREN’T WE TALKING ABOUT IT?

Robertron: They’re talking over the exact same thing on the other app.

Spizzer: Let’s put to a vote.

In Unison: YEAH

---------------------------------------------------

At home, Mrs. Redfirebird watches the news. She has to stand by her man, even though it’s dangerous. She gets a PM. She answers.

K1stpierre: Mrs. Redfirebird, it’s Kelli. Redfirebird needs you to pack up the kids and leave right away.

Mrs. Redfirebird: But the units outside…

K1stpierre: Those mods can’t be trusted. Redfirebird needs you away from them as soon as possible. I’ll call them off for ten minutes, and you’ll have to move fast.

The camera reveals she’s being threatened by Numbers with a banning gun.

Mrs. Redfirebird: Well where am I supposed to take them?

K1stpierre: Take them to the Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies thread. Leave as soon as the mods are gone.

She hangs up. She’s scared.

Numbers: Did she believe you?

She nods.

Numbers: That’s because she trusts you. Just like Rachel did.

K1stpierre: I didn’t know…

Numbers: What they were gonna do? You’re the second mod to say that to me. What exctly did you think they were going to do?

K1stpierre: I’m sorry, they got my mother early on, she was in need of likes and…

Numbers: Don’t!

He flips a coin.

Numbers: You live to fight another day, officer.

Numbers incapacitates her.

At the thread opposite the Mad Max: Fury Road thread, Redfirebird has assembled his team. Mods watch from afar.

Mod: We found the missing transport.

Redfirebird: Then we have a hostage situation.

Redfirebird takes a look. Several posters are out in the open.

Numbers: It’s a shooting gallery. Why’d he choose a spot that’s so exposed?

SWAT Leader: Snipers ban the open ones, a team rappels into the thread, another goes in through the normal thread.

Redfirebird: Let’s do it.

BoxOfficeMan: It’s not that simple. With Telemachos it never is.  

Redfirebird: What’s simple is that every second we don’t take him those people on the apps are closer to blowing each other up!

BoxOfficeMan: That won’t happen.

Redfirebird: Then he’ll blow both of them up!

On the ferries, Lilmac decides that to prevent rioting to occur, they’ll have to vote.

Lilmac: I want everybody to put their vote in this poll.

Empire makes his vote. Robertron is unsure. Seconds continue ticking and with each second that passes, they’re one step closer to their banning. On the other ferry, the trolls are pleading the mods to detonate the other app. Back to Redfirebird…

BoxOfficeMan: I need five minutes with them alone.

Redfirebird: No! There’s no time! We have clear shots! Numbers is in there with them, we have to save Numbers! I HAVE TO SAVE NUMBERS!

BoxOfficeMan ignores him and glides off into the Mad Max Fury Road thread.

Redfirebird: Get ready! Two minutes…then we breach.

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 16

Welcome to the final part of The Box Office Knight. I hope you enjoyed reading the story as much as I enjoyed writing it. After this, it's time to do The Box Office Knight Rises. I may do a sneak peek to make up for the fact that I won't be able to get that part up until the weekend following Memorial Day, but stay tuned. For now, enjoy. Likes, comments, suggestions always appreciated.

Part 9

The Box Office Man swoops into the Mad Max: Fury Road thread and viciously takes down Blankments who is wearing a Lawrence of Arabia avatar. BoxOfficeMan thinks he’s one of his goons.

BoxOfficeMan: RTH, I need picture.

RTH activates the cache that allows him to see the whole thread in real time. Meanwhile as Redfirebird watches from afar, he gets a PM.

Redfirebird: Hello?

Mrs. Redfirebird: We’re in trouble!

RTH continues to watch from his monitors and proceeds to give guidance.

RTH: We’ve got POV on Alpha, Omni on beta. (Writer’s note: I don’t know what this means). It looks like we’ve got Tele’s goons and some hostages on two pages of the thread. The mod team is ascending as we speak. There’s also another SWAT team at the top of the thread ready to breach from above.

Redfirebird is still talking to his wife.

Redfirebird: Calm down…

Mrs. Redfirebird: He has the kids!

Numbers: Hello Redfirebird.

Redfirebird: Numbers? Where’s my family?

Numbers: Where my family died.

Numbers ends the PM. Now the snipers begin to take out any of Tele’s goons from across the Mad Max thread while the SWAT team from the pages below prepare to breach. BoxOfficeMan is running out of time. As he continues to observe the situation, he notices that Blankments is trying to get his attention. He takes off the avatar and realizes that the posters have the Lawrence of Arabia avatars while the goons are posing as normal posters.

BoxOfficeMan: RTH, the mods are targeting the wrong people. The Peter O’Toole guys are the hostages.

The mods begin to breach. Mods rappel from above the thread while the other group blows a hole in the thread to breach from the side.

BoxOfficeMan: Don’t movie.

The snipers begin to line up their banning shots, but BoxOfficeMan manages to incapacitate the posters to prevent them from getting shot. The snipers fire but miss. A Jason Statham look-alike is oddly confused.

RTH: Those SWAT are coming in hot!

SWAT mods are trying to get the normal posters to move away, but they’re getting in the way of the shot, again, they’re unaware that everything is reversed. BoxOfficeMan swoops in and takes down a couple SWAT mods who in turn take out a few of the dressed up goons. He descends to the page below and runs into a group of Tele’s goons. He fights them off with ease. Using his cache he determines the location. He’s being guarded by a pack of Spam bots….Chewy’s bots.

Before he can get to them though, the mods rappelling from above crash in, and try and get the Peter O’Toole posters to stand down not realizing they’re unable to. BoxOfficeMan attacks them in order to save the posters, knocking them out.

RTH: Look up. See those posters above? They’re waiting for the SWAT team to come up so they can ban them all.

BoxOfficeMan preps up a device that will condense all the posts from one page into another, merging the two. It’s timed to 30 seconds.

-------------------------------------------------------

On the ferries, the voting is complete. The results are counted and then relayed to the passengers.

DAR: The final tally is…140 against, 396 for.

Empire looks with a nod of approval. On the other boat, they’re still arguing over what to do. Jandrew wait to make his move.

Orestes: So go ahead…do eeet!

DAR: We’re still here….which means they haven’t banned us yet either.

The SWAT are about to reach the trap as BoxOfficeMan continues to fight off those from below. Suddenly, the page explodes, and the posts merge into one thread, knocking the SWAT down into the same level as BoxOfficeMan. As he fights them off, the SWAT finally manage to recollect themselves and trap him.

SWAT: Freeze or we will shoot!

BoxOfficeMan raises his hands.

SWAT: We got him, he’s out of the game.

Suddenly, BoxOfficeMan kicks away one of the SWAT. The others follow suit because they hadn’t detached themselves from the rappelling hooks. BoxOfficeMan then grapples his way to the top of the thread to face Telemachos. Meanwhile, the SWAT discovers finally that the Peter O’Toole avatar posters are indeed the hostages and begin taking down the normal looking posters. As BoxOfficeMan approaches Telemachos, the Spam Bots begin blaring.

Telemachos: Oh you made it, I’m so thrilled!

BoxOfficeMan: Where’s the detonator?

Telemachos: Go get him!

BoxOfficeMan pummels one of the spam bots to the pages below but gets viciously attacked by the other. Another joins in, and then Telemachos himself. BoxOfficeMan struggles to fend them all off but he manages to take push away Telemachos and knock out the spam bots. Telemachos charges back in and takes advantage of BoxOfficeMan’s exhaustion and continues fight him off. On the ferry, Jandrew, unable to wait any longer goes up to the head Internet Police member with the trigger.

Jandrew: You don’t wanna be banned…but you don’t know how to ban a poster. Give it to me. These people will ban you, and take it anyway.

On the other ferry, nobody has managed to muster up the courage to do it. Empire, sick of waiting with just minutes left decides to do the dirty work.

Empire: No one wants to get their hands dirty. Fine. I’ll do it. Those posters on that ferry. They made their choices. They chose to troll and spam. It doesn’t make any sense for us to be banned too.

He grabs the trigger and takes one last glance at it. At the Fury Road thread, things aren’t going much better. Telemachos still has the upper hand and manages to wound Shawn, as he gasps in pain. He forces him off but his cache is going haywire as he gets up.

RTH: Stand by.

He reboots the system but before it fully calibrates, Telemachos is in BoxOfficeMan’s face and knocks him back. He pins him down and prepares for the grand finale.

Jandrew: Give it to me. You can tell them I took it by force. Give it to me. And I’ll do what you shoulda did, ten minutes ago.

The man hands Jandrew the trigger. He grabs and immediately disposes of it. The other posters look in surprise. They begin to await their fate.

Telemachos: We really should stop this fighting otherwise we’re gonna miss the fireworks.

BoxOfficeMan: THERE WON’T BE ANY FIREWORKS

Telemachos: And here…we…GO!

Empire puts his hand on the trigger and stares at it for a few seconds. He cannot go through with it. He sets it back down as DAR looks at him, all that tough talk for nothing. But midnight passes and nothing has started. Telemachos looks…and realizes with disappointment that nothing will occur.

BoxOfficeMan: What were you trying to prrooooove? That deep down, everyone’s as ugly as you?! You’re ALONE!

Telemachos: Ugh…you can’t rely on anyone these days…you’ve got to do everything yourself, don’t we?! That’s okay, I came prepared.  It’s a funny world we live in.Speaking of which, do you wanna know how I got this avatar?

BoxOfficeMan: No, but I know how you got this!

He uses one of his gadgets to delete his avatar and places a suspended tag on Telemachos. He knocks him over from the thread as Tele laughs maniacally thinking that BoxOfficeMan finally broke in. But before he falls to his banning, he is caught by BoxOfficeMan’s grapple. He hoists Tele up.

Telemachos: Ugh…ugh…you.  You just couldn’t let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible, aren’t you? Huh? You won’t ban me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won’t ban you because you’re just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.

BoxOfficeMan: You’ll be in a suspended state forever!

Telemachos: Well maybe we can partake in it together. They’ll need to double up, the way this forum’s losing their minds.

BoxOfficeMan: THIS FORUM *WHEEZE* JUST SHOWED YOU *GASP* THAT IT’S FULL OF PEOPLE….READY TO BELIEVE IN GOOD…

Telemachos: Till their spirit breaks completely…until they get a good look at the real Numbers. And all the heroic things he’s done. You didn’t think that I’d risk the battle for BoxOffice’s soul in forum argument with you, did you? No…you need an ace in the hole. Mine’s Numbers.

BoxOfficeMan: What did you do?

Telemachos: I took Box Office’s White Knight and brought him down to our level. It wasn’t hard. You see madness is as you know, like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Telemachos begins to laugh as BoxOfficeMan goes off to find Numbers. Tele’s laughs can be heard throughout the thread, even as the SWAT go to detain him.

-----------------------------------------------------

Redfirebird has arrived at the Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies thread. There’s not much left in its wake.

Redfirebird: NUMBERS?!

He continues to explore when he sees his family. He rushes to free them when he gets knocked from behind by Numbers.

Numbers: This is where they brought her Redfirebird. Right after your men handed her over. This is where she was banned.

Redfirebird: I know, I was here. Trying to save her.

Numbers: But you didn’t.

Redfirebird: I couldn’t…

Numbers: Yes you could. If you’d have listened to me, if you stood up against corruption instead of your deal with the devil.

Redfirebird: I was trying to fight the Frozenites!

Numbers: You wouldn’t dare try to justify yourself if you knew what I lost.  Have you ever had to talk to the person you love most, tell them it’s gonna be alright when you know it’s not? Well….you’re about to know what that feels like Redfirebird. Then you can look me in the eye and tell me you’re sorry.

Redfirebird: You’re not going to hurt my family Numbers…

Numbers: No, just the person you love the most.

Numbers goes up to Mrs. Redfirebird, Michael Gary Scott, and his sister. He points a banning weapon at Mrs. Redfirebird.

Numbers: So…is it your wife?

Redfirebird: Put the gun down Numbers…put the gun down. Please Numbers….please!

Mrs.Redfirebird begins to cry. He points the weapon at Michael Gary Scott.

Redfirebird: God damn it, will you stop pointing that gun at my family?!

Numbers smiles and grabs Michael Gary Scott.

Numbers: We have a winner.

Mrs. Redfirebird: No, stop him!

Redfirebird: Numbers….Numbers! I’m sorry! For everything! Please don’t hurt my son.

Suddenly mod bots can be heard in the background. The mods have arrived and created a perimeter around the thread.

Numbers: You brought your mods?

Redfirebird: All they know is that there’s a situation. They don’t know who or what. They’re just creating a perimeter.

Numbers: You think I want to escape from this? There is no escape from this.

BoxOfficeMan: YOU DON’T WANNA HURT THE BOY, NUMBERS.

Numbers: It’s not about what I want, it’s about what’s fair! You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time! You were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair. His son has got the same chance she had. 50/50.

BoxOfficeMan: What happened to Dragon wasn’t chance. We decided to act. We three.

Numbers:  Then why was it me who was the only one who lost everything?

BoxOfficeMan: It wasn’t.

Numbers: Telemachos chose ME!

BoxOfficeMan: Because you were the best of us. He wanted to prove that someone even as good as you could fall.

Numbers: And he was right.

BoxOfficeMan: You’re the one pointing the gun Numbers. So point it at the people responsible.

Numbers: Fair enough. You first.

He flips a coin through the generator. Tails. He shoots BoxOfficeMan. Shawn slumps down, motionless. Redfirebird looks in fear.

Numbers: My turn.

He flips and it’s heads.

Redfirebird: Numbers, you’re right. Dragon’s death was my fault. But please don’t punish the boy. Please punish me.

Numbers: I’m about to. Tell your son it’s gonna be alright. Lie. Like I lied.

Redfirebird: It’s going to be alright, son.

Michael Gary Scott cries. So does everybody who reads this script and watches the movie. SO EMOTIONAL. Numbers flips the coin when suddenly he is viciously tackled by BoxOfficeMan. The coin lands heads. Redfirebird immediately looks over the thread and finds that Numbers is banned. Plunged from the top of the thread to his banning. BoxOfficeMan hangs on with Michael Gary Scott by a sliver. He hands MGS to Redfirebird but he slips off, also falling. Redfirebird immediately goes off after him.

Michael Gary Scott: Dad? Daddy is he ok?

Redfirebird begins to call in the mods but BoxOfficeMan awakens and stops him. He groans and gets up.

Redfirebird: Thank you.

BoxOfficeMan: You don’t have to thank me.

Redfirebird: Yes I do. The Telemachos won. Number’s prosecution, everything that he fought for. Undone. Whatever chance you had at fixing our forum dies with Numbers’ reputation. We bet it all on him. The Telemachos took the best of us and tore him down. Posters will lose hope.

BoxOfficeMan: They won’t. They must never know what he did.

Redfirebird: 5 banned? Two of them mods, you can’t sweep that under the rug.

BoxOfficeMan: But Telemachos cannot win. BoxOffice needs its true hero.

Redfirebird realizes what he’s up to.

Redfirebird: No…

BoxOfficeMan: You’re either banned a hero, or post long enough to see yourself become the villain. I can do those things. Because I’m not a hero. Not like Numbers. I banned those people. That’s what I can be.

Redfirebird: No you can’t…you’re not!

BoxOfficeMan: I’m whatever Box Office needs me to be. Call it in.

A monologue begins. We see images of Numbers’ funeral. Many attend and many weep. He has become a martyr to clean up Gotham.

Redfirebird: A hero…not the hero we deserved. But the hero we needed. Nothing less than a knight….shining.

We see the Zack Galifianakis signal.

Redfirebird: They’ll hunt you.

BoxOfficeMan: You’ll hunt me. You’ll condemn me. Send the mod bots at me.

Redfirebird begins to delete the signal.

BoxOfficeMan: Because that’s what needs to happen.

We see Accursed Arachnid deleting the PM that Rachel left him.

BoxOfficeMan: Because sometimes, the truth isn’t good enough. Sometimes people deserve more.

RTH types in his name, and the machine begins deleting itself. The cache of the forums slowly erodes and destroys itself as RTH smiles. He begins buttoning up his sleeves and returns back to work.

BoxOfficeMan: Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

BoxOfficeMan runs off. Michael Gary Scott chases after him just to try and meet him.

Michael Gary Scott: BoxOfficeMan! BoxOfficeMan! Why’s he running, dad?

Redfirebird: Because we have to chase him.

Michael Gary Scott: He didn’t do anything wrong.

Redfirebird: Because he’s the hero Box Office deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we’ll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he’s not a hero. He’s a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Box Office Knight.

THE BOX OFFICE KNIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15z35orZuM

Story by Christopher Nolan

Screenplay by MrPink

Cast (In order of appearance):

Films

Hiccup

Fancyarcher

Elessar

Rallax

Kitik

Telemachos

Blankments

Riczhang

K1stpierre

MovieMan89

Redfirebird

Chewy

iJackSparrow

ShawnMR

Kal

Accursed Arachnid

Numbers

Dragon

Iceroll

Incarnadine

Firedeep

RTH

Kowhite

Claire Holt

Dashrendar44

WileECoyote

Tawasal

Olive

DoctorWho

John Marston

Seth Rollins

75live

Mojoguy

RichWS

Rukaio101

A2knet

BoxOfficeChica

The Futurist

Jake Gittes

Caboose

FilmBuff

BiggestGeekEver

Goffe

Michael Gary Scott

WaltDisney

AndyLL

Pieman

Narniadis

BoxOfficeZ

LadyEvenstar22

JimShorts

DamienRoc

Lilmac

Empire

Tauriel

Robertron

Orestes

Jandrew

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 22

Hey MrPink as awesome as that was, I'd like another role with more screentime in the Box Office Knight Rises.

Is that okay?

I'm sure I can get you a role in somewhere, but pretty much for any new major roles for TDKR, I locked in people who have yet to get a spot. I'm sure I can find somebody though with a handful of lines or so.

• Like 1

I'm sure I can get you a role in somewhere, but pretty much for any new major roles for TDKR, I locked in people who have yet to get a spot. I'm sure I can find somebody though with a handful of lines or so.

Well, thanks for at least putting me in some part.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Posted Image

• Like 1