Impact

Best Actress-2014 Predictions

I really hope Pike snatches that award from Moore.

Love Moore, but byeee.

Feel exactly the same, AMAZING AMY will be talked about for years.

Moore is an acting living legend of course but Pike dominated this like a tigress.

• Like 3

I really hope Pike snatches that award from Moore.

Love Moore, but byeee.

Feel exactly the same, AMAZING AMY will be talked about for years.

Moore is an acting living legend of course but Pike dominated this like a tigress.

How can you both say that without having seen Still Alice yet? Pike was great, but not so great that there is no way anybody could be better.

• Like 2

How can you both say that without having seen Still Alice yet? Pike was great, but not so great that there is no way anybody could be better.

yep yep

I adore Pike & GG but Julainne is goddess! & her reviews are outstanding & its baity. + I see the academy wanting to reward her for her previous work with this nom also

Amy Adams tho

I dont have faith in 'Big eyes' at all (sadly:()

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1

Because everything suggests that Julianne Moore, with her narrative and her reviews, is the frontrunner for the win.

But I would be happy either way, Julianne Moore is an acting legend and she s long overdue.

• Like 2

Right now I'm going to guess:

Felicity Jones

Rosamund  Pike

Reese Witherspoon

Julianne Moore

Meryl Streep

Moore is long overdue, so I'll be rooting for her. But Rosamund Pike could stage an upset easily. There's serious acclaim for her performance.

I think Meryl will also make it in if they're pushing her for lead. She's singing Sondheim now... not ABBA. The material is meatier, more challenging and originated by Bernadette Peters, the Meryl Streep of Broadway if you will. The rare, unique double threat of singing and acting will work its magic.

I'm not feeling Amy Adams. I want her to win as much as anyone, but I want it to be deserved and for the role of a lifetime. I have no doubt it will come to her anyway. Just look at Julianne Moore. Her legacy as an actress is no less impressive without that Oscar. I would say she's considered to be in the same league as peers like Cate Blanchett, Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet and Glenn Close. Amy Adams is in for the long run like these ladies. She's young and there's plenty of great stuff to be made. Maybe far away from Harvey Weinstein.

Right now I'm going to guess:

Felicity Jones

Rosamund  Pike

Reese Witherspoon

Julianne Moore

Meryl Streep

Moore is long overdue, so I'll be rooting for her. But Rosamund Pike could stage an upset easily. There's serious acclaim for her performance.

I think Meryl will also make it in if they're pushing her for lead. She's singing Sondheim now... not ABBA. The material is meatier, more challenging and originated by Bernadette Peters, the Meryl Streep of Broadway if you will. The rare, unique double threat of singing and acting will work its magic.

I'm not feeling Amy Adams. I want her to win as much as anyone, but I want it to be deserved and for the role of a lifetime. I have no doubt it will come to her anyway. Just look at Julianne Moore. Her legacy as an actress is no less impressive without that Oscar. I would say she's considered to be in the same league as peers like Cate Blanchett, Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet and Glenn Close. Amy Adams is in for the long run like these ladies. She's young and there's plenty of great stuff to be made. Maybe far away from Harvey Weinstein.

There's no way that they're gonna push Goddess in Lead. She's confirmed as supporting on the FYC site already. Also, Goddess is coming for Assured Oscah Numero Quattro in Supporting. She slays in all of her pieces (listen to the previews on itunes) and like there is zero chance of her not winning in supporting now. I mean who's she up against? Arquette in 12 Years a performance with only one money scene. 

Moore on the other hand is totally gonna win. They should honestly not even do a race this year and just engrave Julegend's name on the oscar and give it to her already. 

• Like 1

There's no way that they're gonna push Goddess in Lead. She's confirmed as supporting on the FYC site already. Also, Goddess is coming for Assured Oscah Numero Quattro in Supporting. She slays in all of her pieces (listen to the previews on itunes) and like there is zero chance of her not winning in supporting now. I mean who's she up against? Arquette in 12 Years a performance with only one money scene. 

Moore on the other hand is totally gonna win. They should honestly not even do a race this year and just engrave Julegend's name on the oscar and give it to her already. 

I had no idea they were pushing her for supporting.

And I listened to the previews. Holy HELL... she SLAYS 'Last Midnight'. She could easily snag supporting if she's up against Arquette I agree. I hope she goes for her fourth Oscar. She's the greatest actress alive, so she needs more Oscars to go with this title.

• Like 1

I had no idea they were pushing her for supporting.

And I listened to the previews. Holy HELL... she SLAYS 'Last Midnight'. She could easily snag supporting if she's up against Arquette I agree. I hope she goes for her fourth Oscar. She's the greatest actress alive, so she needs more Oscars to go with this title.

Yeah. It was announced a while back but only confirmed last week when Disney's FYC site went up with ITW's categories. The witch has always been campaigned as a lead role, but I feel like Disney must be 150% sure that they have a surefire winner in supporting with Meryl as the Witch to push her so.  (I've heard rumours that her performance could be the definitive interpretation of the witch)