Impact

Best Supporting Actress-2014 predicts!

[*]Ellen Burstyn (Interstellar) 

[*]Patricia Arquette (Boyhood)

[*]Rachel McAdams (Untitled Cameron Crowe Film)

[*]Sigourney Weaver (Exodus) - don't know enough about the indie films to make a predict for this category  :D

[*]Emily Blunt (Into the Woods) 

You know any details about her role? She was cast late and for all we know it might be a tiny part like Michael Caine's in Inception.

I just put her because she's a Hollywood legend and I wasn't sure if she's won yet 

Never mind she's won before... I could see Jessica Chastain or Anne Hathaway pulling a nod as well. One of those three from Interstellar have a good chance at a nod 

Edited by mahnamahna

My predicts

Anna Kendrick, Into the Woods (I think Meryl will be put as lead)

Jessica Chastain, Interstellar

Patricia Arquette, Boyhood

Rooney Mara, Trash

Viola Davis, Get on Up

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

Anna Kendrick is playing Cinderella. Why on earth is she going to get nominated for that role? Into The Woods is a family movie that Disney is releasing in the Christmas holiday frame to make money. This isn't likely to be a major Oscar contender outside of technical categories.

• Like 2

Anna Kendrick is playing Cinderella. Why on earth is she going to get nominated for that role? Into The Woods is a family movie that Disney is releasing in the Christmas holiday frame to make money. This isn't likely to be a major Oscar contender outside of technical categories.

Streep is going to get nominated... It's like... the basic rule.

• Like 1

Have you seen the musical Into the Woods?  It actually isn't as family friendly as you're thinking.

From what I remember it ends and most the characters are dead (even the fucking narrator dies), and I think the whole point was what happens after the Happily Ever After and how its not actually happy because the ending songs last line is that they live happily ever after, after which Cinderella says, "I Wish".  It's a great show actually

The musical also scored pretty well at the Tonys when it came out, it's a good musical, the family oriented musical is probably Annie, not Into the Woods.

Edited by The Panda

Well, Disney is making the musical so I have my doubts that it will be too faithful to Sondheim's version. Anyway, Meryl Streep is a contender for BSA nomination not Anna Kendrick. I don't think they will nominate Kendrick over Streep even if the movie takes off on the awards circuit. If the movie is really good then you have to like Emily Blunt's chances for Best Actress as the character she is playing has received awards recognition on Broadway.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

Well, Disney is making the musical so I have my doubts that it will be too faithful to Sondheim's version. Anyway, Meryl Streep is a contender for BSA nomination not Anna Kendrick. I don't think they will nominate Kendrick over Streep even if the movie takes off on the awards circuit. If the movie is really good then you have to like Emily Blunt's chances for Best Actress as the character she is playing has received awards recognition on Broadway.

I'd rather see Anna Kendrick and Emily Blunt get nods over Streep... 18 times is plenty  :lol: but she'll likely get one if the film has a Fresh rating on RT

Saving Mr. Banks was surprisingly dark and released around the same time, it really feels like Disney is starting to try and amp up their awards races.  (SMB was obviously a failed horse, but still)

• Like 1