JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

This seems to be for the period thur 29/12/11 to mon 2/1/12.http://www.urbancine...e/boxoffice.aspTin Tin is number 1 and now at $6.88m since opening on Boxing Day.

Note Urban cinefile have it wrong, the weekend report is only thu-sun period (doesn't include Monday)cume thru 2-JanATT 7.793milHF2 5.148milMI4 13.104milTH 4.988milWH 4.553milAL3 2.826mil

AL3 2.826mil

That seems right on par with Alvin 2.RTH, what was the cume for Alvin 2 after two days (excluding Christmas Day), so Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th?It would have to be just about even with number 3.I told everyone we would eat this up. Edited by Robertron

But according to Urban Cinefile, it was at $3.3m as of Sunday, then at $5m as of Monday.However, that $3.3m for the 'normal weekend' included only those cinemas that opened on Christmas Friday, and then Saturday and Sunday, so what I was wanting to know was how much it made on Saturday and Sunday, in a sense a much more fair comparison for the two films.

Edited by Robertron

But according to Urban Cinefile, it was at $3.3m as of Sunday, then at $5m as of Monday.However, that $3.3m for the 'normal weekend' included only those cinemas that opened on Christmas Friday, and then Saturday and Sunday, so what I was wanting to know was how much it made on Saturday and Sunday, in a sense a much more fair comparison for the two films.

xmas day isn't really worth mentioning, alvin 2 sat/sun 3.292mil, wkend1 3.324

Rob. Your point about the Monday was interesting for Alvin 2 but don't forget wat avatar did. If I remember right Monday was bigger than than Sunday and Saturday. So should not be surprising that Alvin 2 followed a similar pattern over those 3 days. The Monday was slightly busier. I think a breakdown would look like thisSat - 1.7mSun - 1.6mMon - 1.7m?- jajang(null)

But based on the amount of competition which Alvin 3 is currently facing, the fact that it is only $500K behind, without the help of a Boxing Day release (effectively the biggest movie-going day), it is doing quite well, and possibly would be on par with 2 had the release been the same. But I guess time will tell.If Alvin 3 makes $20m, I will call it equally as successful as A2.