JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Rob. Your point about the Monday was interesting for Alvin 2 but don't forget wat avatar did. If I remember right Monday was bigger than than Sunday and Saturday. So should not be surprising that Alvin 2 followed a similar pattern over those 3 days. The Monday was slightly busier.I think a breakdown would look like thisSat - 1.7mSun - 1.6mMon - 1.7m?- jajang(null)

Yeah % of day was about samealvin2Sat 1.8Sun 1.5Mon 1.7AvatarSat 3.4Sun 3.5Mon 3.6Also for what its worth wkend/week top 20 this week both Alvin & zoo locations have been reported by mistake rather than # of prints , so avg is higher.

If my work is any indication as to how Sherlock opened, then not very well, would be a fair statement.I'm expecting around $3.2m for the 4-day, compared to the firsts 3.9m for it's 2-day!

Im just going to keep my mouth shut from now on:Sherlock Holmes opening: $6.5m
  • Like 1

If my work is any indication as to how Sherlock opened, then not very well, would be a fair statement.I'm expecting around $3.2m for the 4-day, compared to the firsts 3.9m for it's 2-day! Im just going to keep my mouth shut from now on:Sherlock Holmes opening: $6.5m

Lol it did 3.2mil in first two days. Edited by Rth

after the lacklustre US opening i was worried.... i guess there are other factors at play in the US .... 6.5m is a great opening for SH2. It's hard to get apples for apples here cause SH opened to 3.8m but it opened on boxing day which was a saturday. the 3.8m was only 2 days of play. SH did manage nearly 26m in the end. A better comparison could be I am Legend which opened the same weekend in 2008 with 9.7m. With what i think is better WOM, SH2 should be able to either match or better that films final total of 23.2m. I'll put a full report once we have a full chart ;)

Weekend top 10 in Aussie dollars. Week Ending 11-Jan-12# Film Title Distributor Box Office1 SHERLOCK HOLMES: A GAME OF SHADOWS ROADSHOW 6,436,3372 ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: CHIPWRECKED FOX 3,649,3013 THE ADVENTURES OF TINITIN PARAMOUNT 1,900,3214 TOWER HEIST UNIVERSAL 1,427,0625 WAR HORSE WALT DISNEY 1,408,4296 MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: GHOST PROTOCOL PARAMOUNT 1,301,6947 HAPPY FEET 2 ROADSHOW 1,271,3788 THE IRON LADY ICON 1,171,4609 WE BOUGHT A ZOO FOX 1,131,03410 PUSS IN BOOTS PARAMOUNT 485,437

Muppets, descendants will be big this week, I also know lots of people who are looking forward to hugo :)Muppets 4mDescendants 3mDT 1.5mHugo 1.3Sherlock 4-5m?

Actually since it was mentioned, I'd probably flip those figures for DT and Descendants, as the latter doesn't seem like the type of film to open that big.