JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Final numbers aren't out yet, but it'll be 2nd biggest OD ever behind HPDH:PT2 and ahead of ROTK

No midnights estimate? I know midnight showings were only recently introduced to Australia. That might be the reason for a huge OD. And also, Wednesday was a holiday.

I'm not sure about multipliers in Australia, but I'd think around $50m, which is STUNNING for Australia.

Yeah, that would be huge for a country with 23 million inhabitants, more than in France (it won't do $50m, with a population of 65 million).

No midnights estimate? I know midnight showings were only recently introduced to Australia. That might be the reason for a huge OD. And also, Wednesday was a holiday.

Midnights aren't new they just don't do them often and its only popular with certain films but been doing it since the late 90's, one old example is SWEP1.Yes Wed was national Holiday, HB2 opeing was school hols and ROTK (back in 03) was national hol,THe previous high opening for a super hero movie was TDK and Avengers has done over 2.5 times its OD figure (which was during school hols some states) Edited by Rth