JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Yesterday was dead.. Kind of expected.Today has already sold more tickets then last year. TH doing great, Les Mis is ok to decent, WIR is next doing ok to not great.$5 hobbit, $2 LM, $2 WIR currently from my sites numbers.Will refine later :)

Did you mean to say $2M for LM? If so, that's a decent number for Boxing day.

TH did about 55% of Avengers 2D admits here, but equalled its 3D admits. So roughly 80% of the attendance of TA opening day, but only lost in 2D, so it won't be as harsh a drop (if my site is to be believed).So I'm pegging a $4.5-$5m OD for it which is great!Les Mis did about the same as TH in 2D. So it will be around $2m.WiR should be pushed over $2 by 3D, less admits then Les Mis.Once again, my site may be way off :P

• Like 1

Les Mis from the International Thread:Australia has had 3 days of previews, grossing $1.3M from limited sessions. The film opens officially today and early results indicate that it will be the biggest opening day ever for a musical, 45% bigger than the opening day of MAMMA MIA!; the biggest opening day for a Russell Crowe film and the biggest opening day for a Working Title production along with being Universal's 4th biggest opening day of all time.

• Like 1

ok here is the chart from boxing day according to that article.....1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 5.925m2. Les Miserables - 1.825m3. Wreck it Ralph - $ unknown at this stage but is running third.

3rd biggest opening day ever in australia behind only the Harry Potter which played for 24 hrs straight and had a crazy market penetration that day and of course the avengers which opened this year to 6m. (barely above the hobbit)we could be in for a very special weekend now given this...... remember fellowship managed nearly 10m after a 4m OD.

2012 has been insane here... if TH does indeed have good legs here and makes it to 50m. Given prior to 2012 we only had Avatar, Titanic, Harry Potter 8 and Shrek 2 make it past 50m here... Suddenly we have The Avengers, Skyfall is toying with the number and The hobbit has opened huge :D